K -body rear deck side panel availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K -body rear deck side panel availability

Is there a source for any NOS or used K-body (55) deck side panels? I am in need of a right side rear deck panel, in the parts book: group 2360-99 (plate 23-38), Part #304666, the piece that extends from trunk opening over to the crown of the rear quarter.
    Toby Knoll Garage

www.tobyknollgarage.com
    ______

'51 Muntz Jet
    '53 Woodill Wildfire/Dodge
    '54 Hudson Hornet Grand National Tribute car
    '55 Studebaker Speedster/Cadillac
    '56 Corvette SR replica

Classic Enterprises produces patch panels to repair the channels that receive the trunk weatherstrip if that's all that's needed.
    I believe Dennis DuPont had these in fiberglass at Reedsville three months ago.

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If you need the patch panels for the weatherstrip they are easy to build. I built both sides on my hawk body.

Comment

Are You referring to replacing a small/very small portion of this panel.if the entire panel has gone,I wouldn't say it's an easy panel to make - rather kind of involving at least for the average Person.

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
        If you need the patch panels for the weatherstrip they are easy to build. I built both sides on my hawk body.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I've bought them from SASCO , maybe SI has some - though not shown in the Catalog.

Originally posted by vetteson View Post
          Is there a source for any NOS or used K-body (55) deck side panels? I am in need of a right side rear deck panel, in the parts book: group 2360-99 (plate 23-38), Part #304666, the piece that extends from trunk opening over to the crown of the rear quarter.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I used Classic Enterprise panels, though not these specific ones; Dennis' company produces good quality products and if honest, I wish I'd bought his complete floor pans (both sides), which wold have saved a huge amount of time farting around with panel fabrication
            Richard
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X