Need couple hawk parts please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need couple hawk parts please

I'm in need of a lt grill bezel and a rt front wheel well molding. Driver quality please
    My email is. Mel@moparmel.com

Thanks in advance with any help

What YEAR Hawk?

The Hawk Chrome side Grill Mouldings used on '56 to '61 Hawks include the Painted Pan inside, '56-'57, '58, '59-'61, and 1962 completely Painted, are ALL different.

So it makes a BIG difference WHICH Year the Hawk in question is.

Mel, You might get your answer right here on the Forum or in a Private Message (PM) from the Forum.
    So you'all come back won't ya?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich,
      The, "painted pan" inserts are interchangeable, and easily swap able, 1956-61. So if the OP still has his insert, any 56-61 chrome, "nostril" will do. Then too, other year inserts could be substituted, indefinitely, while keeping an eye out for correct year. A 56 would be easiest to substitute, since it needs no turn signal provisions, and any existent could be filled in. The inserts are always removed to re-chrome the nostrils, and often the inserts and nostrils turn up separately.

The right front wheel molding is hardest to find, of the four on the car. Probably because so many drivers were parking by ear, in later years.

Comment

I assume for a "Driver" Car, the OP needs a Bolt on unit, not one to tear apart and re-plate or change Pans.
        Pans are sort of Riveted or swagged in, not an "easy" fix.

Also we don't know that it is a '57-'61.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sounds to Me like He has a 1960 Hawk.

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          The Hawk Chrome side Grill Mouldings used on '56 to '61 Hawks include the Painted Pan inside, '56-'57, '58, '59-'61, and 1962 completely Painted, are ALL different.

So it makes a BIG difference WHICH Year the Hawk in question is.

Mel, You might get your answer right here on the Forum or in a Private Message (PM) from the Forum.
          So you'all come back won't ya?
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            I assume for a "Driver" Car, the OP needs a Bolt on unit, not one to tear apart and re-plate or change Pans.
            Pans are sort of Riveted or swagged in, not an "easy" fix.

Also we don't know that it is a '57-'61.
            To remove the insert, simply grind off the braded material at each of the 8-10 mount points, on the backside of the nostril. To replace the insert, simply drill a 1/8" diameter hole, about 5/32" to 3/16" deep at each mount point (careful not to drill through), then attach with short, sheet metal screws. The inserts will stay in place, and only be visible if removed form the car, to view the backside. As I said, EASY to do. Been there-done that, several times. Done this way, it is easy to mix and match inserts with and 56-61 nostril; include 1962, if painting over the chrome.

How do you think folks reattach the inserts when the nostrils are re-chromed? Similarly, how is it possible to paint the insert edges, if not removed? The days of going to a dealer and ordering the correct year assembly have been over for many decades now.
            Last edited by JoeHall; 01-03-2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

They sure are!.........I remember ordering a pair for a '56 Sky Hawk from SASCO around 1974........Each side (NOS in the box of course) was $11.00....With pans!!!!

Comment

That's only useful for those that can think outside the box

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                To remove the insert, simply grind off the braded material at each of the 8-10 mount points, on the backside of the nostril. To replace the insert, simply drill a 1/8" diameter hole, about 5/32" to 3/16" deep at each mount point (careful not to drill through), then attach with short, sheet metal screws. The inserts will stay in place, and only be visible if removed form the car, to view the backside. As I said, EASY to do. Been there-done that, several times. Done this way, it is easy to mix and match inserts with and 56-61 nostril; include 1962, if painting over the chrome.

How do you think folks reattach the inserts when the nostrils are re-chromed? Similarly, how is it possible to paint the insert edges, if not removed? The days of going to a dealer and ordering the correct year assembly have been over for many decades now.
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
                X