Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could be a "must have" for some...

Got this item for a gift this holiday:

Its a Coo-Coo clock styled after a '50 Champion. I took this picture when the action was happening. There are just some LEDs that light up the little car at the top and a hidden speaker plays a recording of a engine revving up. From the sound of that, definitely NOT a champ 6, haha. The car does not pop out or anything. Goes off every hour. Since this is now on the wall by my office desk upstairs with-in ear shot of my bed, I turned off the Coo-Coo function as likely to wake me up at night.

I found out where the gifter got it and there are supposed to be only 10,000 of these to be made. Mine is #52 (!).

Jeff in ND

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
    I found out where the gifter got it and there are supposed to be only 10,000 of these to be made. Mine is #52 (!).
    They're selling about as fast as an Avanti did if they're only up to #52 now....

Craig

Comment

That is WAY Cool, an actual modern Day Studebaker memento item, very rarely happens today due to low demand!

What is that Center Clock Face thing all about? An Alarm setting?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Craig, must have missed or more likely forgot about that old thread....

As some comments there it IS gaudy and not something I would have bought myself. A relative put another relative (gifter) "on" to this in Sept or so. I think they got a flyer in the mail. So, probably was ordered in Oct or Nov time frame. Yeah, if these have been available for over a year and I got #52 they are not hot sellers.

Not sure what its made from, but its sure heavy. I probably should put in a stouter hook on the wall!

Jeff in ND

Comment

What is that Center Clock Face thing all about? An Alarm setting?
          Rich, that is just a set of '50 Champion speedometer numbers from 0 to 100mph printed on the dial inside the clock numbers. There is a "needle" that is "pegged" at >100mph. There is no alarm other than the hourly lights and sound show.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
            Not sure what its made from, but its sure heavy. I probably should put in a stouter hook on the wall!
            Perhaps you should put a barricade around it to keep anyone (mostly you) from potentially being hit on the head by it. My head hurts just looking at it!
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Mine is number 213 and was ordered in June of 2014.
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

The things that un-sold me on these are the pendulum, roof and fake weights. My preferrence would have been a '50 or '51 Convertible with the clock-face in the interior area. It would have been fun for the hood to pop open showing a motor instead of the little Cuckoo-car.
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I like it! Definately a different piece but would look neat in the man cave.

Comment

Working...
                  X