Coloring a 50 Stude CASO style !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coloring a 50 Stude CASO style !!!

Put a bit of color on the 50 Stude Thursday just as well it rained a bit Friday !!!
    Not bad for $30 of Rustoleum Paint out of Lowes and straight out the gun !!!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1292.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1750161Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1293.jpg
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	1750162Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1294.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	1750163Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1295.jpg
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1750164
    Last edited by fiveftsix; 01-01-2016, 06:05 PM.

That's a pretty nice backyard paint job. It's nice to beat the high cost of paint jobs these days. Good work!
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

A lot of guys that race short oval track stock cars use Rustoleum paint. A couple of quarts of high gloss enamel and a gallon of mineral spirits do the job. Plus, for the occasional contact from close racing, Rustoleum has matching colors in aerosol cans for touch up.

Comment

Wow, that looks really nice Geoff! Did you use a hardener?
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Thanks for all the encouragement guys, still a long way to go before it`s on the road.
          Still need and outer bullet ring for it plus a great deal more work like making a wiring loom etc
          Plus most of the glass which I`d like to replace with gray smoked and top tint.
          Not to mention the interior from a Honda Odyssey with gray leather.
          And No Paul the paint was just gloss Rustoleum Sunrise Red with some Black gloss added to the small cans from Lowes
          I sprayed a heavy coat first that resembled Orange peal then a very thin coat lightly applied after which softened the first to give the result you see.
          No Hardener and no polishing its straight from the suction Gun which I might add was another CASO from HF !!! lol
          Geoff
          Last edited by fiveftsix; 01-01-2016, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I like it! Keep us posted!

Comment

I like it! It goes to show that you don't have to spend $5000 on paint to have a presentable car. Keep us posted on your progress.
              1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

I did a '49 fire truck a number of years ago with Rustoleum and a roller and posted a thread here about it. The biggest issue was fading apparently caused by a lack of UV protection.

Comment

There was I guy I knew back in MD that did this to a Honda Accord. He was worried about the longevity of the paint lasting as well. He was also a fan of NuFinish Car wax, thats what he use on it. Last time I saw it the paint was 2 years old and still looking pretty decent. That Honda was his daily driver and it was never garaged.

Could a coat of clear be put on rustoleum paint? I bet that would help a lot to making that paint look great for years
                  Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

Simply BEAUTIFUL !
                    My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
                    sigpic
                    Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
                    in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Working...
                    X