50/51 Commander radio delete interchange question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50/51 Commander radio delete interchange question

Hey guys,my 51 Commander Starlight is missing the radio, and I would like to find another to fill the hole, but came across a 50 Commander radio delete plate online, and wondered if that would fit. Does the Commanders of both years use a similar plate? From what I can tell by looking at pics of both years dashes, they look very similar if not the same. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Alan

50 and 51 Commander radio delete plates will physically interchange, since the radios mount in the same place. The 50 Commander radio delete is a rounded, teardrop shaped in cross section, chromed plated plate that matches the contour of the pull-type switch knobs. For some reason, I am having trouble picturing the bottom of the 51 Commander dash.

The bottom of the dash should have a chrome plated strip across it. The contour of that strip changed in 52, but I am thinking/assuming (and we all know what that means) that the 51 chrome strip has the same contour as the 50.

Roy Valdez would know for sure.
    Last edited by RadioRoy; 01-04-2016, 01:53 PM.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Thanks Roy.I'll continue lookin into it.

Comment

Working...
      X