Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Facebook, what a beautiful car

Man would i love to have this,

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Beyond sweetness! I'll take two of them.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Bear in mind, it is a CGI rendering, and not real....
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I too like this rendering. I'm not trying to derail this posting but here's another I fancy.
        Check out this interview from SEMA 2013 in Las Vegas. The guys from Eastwood get an up close look at the amazing '51 Stude Woody that was built by Hill's Ro...

Bill

Comment

How about the 'real' 1950 Commander scale model? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-these-in-1950

Craig

Comment

That has nice lines! I just saw the 49 woody wagon prototype in South Bend at the museum...sweet!
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Thanks for posting. That pic caused a rush of memories. Although not a Studebaker, our first family car was a similarly appointed 1951 Pontiac straight 8 powered station wagon, purchased around 1953 when I was in the third grade. In what is now a distant memory of a slower paced gentler world, I recall my beautiful mom practicing parallel parking in the front yard.

Once she got her license, she would load up all her six kids, drive to a nearby mill village, collect a few more kids, and drive us to Wednesday night prayer service. Can you imagine that today??? An old woody station wagon, overloaded to the headliner, no safety belts, slowly ambling down a two lane road, with at least three or four children dangling their legs off the tailgate...singing songs and having a ball!

Although the danger was surely there...no one ever fell off, or got hurt. On family night, mom would load us up and head to the local Drive-in where they would show "Old" movies for a dollar a car load. She would park with the tailgate toward the screen, and the jostling for who got the best seat on the tailgate would begin. (Usually, the girls got the best seats.) Us boys sat on the ground with the bugs and skeeters. Oh...and since the drive-in was sitting on a parcel of land pretty much useless for anything else, about the time John Wayne was about to banish the bad guys...here comes the blasted train on the nearby railroad!

Yep...a long time ago...gone with the wind.
              Last edited by jclary; 12-31-2015, 06:00 AM.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Enjoyed reading your great memories of a simpler time, John. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                X