Bumper Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Jack

I found a bumper jack in the trunk of my 65 commander. I have no idea if it is a original or even what a original looks like. If anyone has use of it I would sell it very reasonably . I have no intentions of ever using it and I know some people like them for display in their trunks and would rather sell it cheaply to someone who really wants it. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

I've always felt that the bumper jacks that used to be in the trunks of new cars are dangerous. I never felt comfortable or safe when I needed to use one. I keep a floor jack in the trunk of my Studebaker in case I need it.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I'm with Rog on this too. I'd either just keep the original jack for looks & carry a small floor jack or just call AAA if needed to.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Ones for show and ones for GO. The original is there, just because. The hydraulic is there in case of an emergency.
        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
        1950 Champion Convertible
        1950 Champion 4Dr
        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

I totally agree when I was 14 I was changing my aunts tire and dropped her car. I managed to get the car up but never used a bumper jack again. I thought someone might want it for looks.

Comment

Some of us need both. I can raise the car with the hydraulic bottle jack I carry but still need the bumper jack to slightly raise the body so my 215/75 tires will clear the Hawks wheel opening.

Comment

Working...
            X