Studebaker manuals on CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker manuals on CD

Can anyone tell me why I cannot open my shop manual using Windows 10. Thanks

Originally posted by aftontrix View Post
    Had the same problem.. not compatible perhaps???????

Comment

Originally posted by aftontrix View Post
      Well, I answered my own question. It just takes a lot longer to pull the data off of the disk. With my old computer it was there right away. With the new one, which is much faster, it takes at least a full minute to pull the data off of the disk. Not sure why that is.

Comment

That Windows Ten is the epitome of Sales Hipe.

What can it possibly do that matters, more or better than Windows 7?

With Windows 7 and a good Internet Cable Connection like Comcast, I can open any Website with the speed of light, so what more could you ask for?

I have fought all the Automatic Free updates to 10 so far, and will til the Day they take it down.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Same here Rich. I tried it & didn't like it either so I deleted & went back to windows 7.
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I'm glad you guys posted that because I started to download Windows 8 when it came out, but quickly backed out of it when I saw 7 was much better.
            Why can't they leave things alone when they work? I don't need no stinkin' upgrades.

Comment

Its called planned obsolescence. Microsoft cannot make any new money on old technology no matter how good it works so they keep introducing new stuff and slowly phasing out the upgrades on the old so you are finally forced to buy the new product and start the dance all over again. I too am staying with windows 7 until the last dog is hung and then maybe taking a look at Apple.

Comment

Yep, I might also switch to Apple. I'm told it's a better system and less likely to get a virus.

Comment

As for me, I much prefer the paper edition of the manual. I guess I'm just old fashioned.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
                    As for me, I much prefer the paper edition of the manual. I guess I'm just old fashioned.
                    Rog
                    Me too Rog!
                    Paul
                    Winston-Salem, NC
                    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Working...
                    X