25 YEARS AGO TODAY / where are they today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 YEARS AGO TODAY / where are they today

My Sister In law sent this to me in a Christmas card today ...the following news clipping ...

25 YEARS AGO TODAY OCT.26TH,1975
    Two young Tacoma artisans have developed what may be the nation's biggest Studebaker restoration business . Gary Johnson and Chuck Flannery found an empty building at 2209 Pacific Ave. and plenty of customers among the 60 or so members of the local Studebaker Drivers Club.

Where are they now ?

Originally posted by Mrs. JunkYardDog View Post
    Where are they now ?

Craig

Comment

Bob: I don't get it. What happened 25 years ago, (1990?)
      Dan

Comment

Gary is still around and doing what he has always done, but with a very few exceptions, he works on his own stuff. He did finish an award winning Avanti this year (Amelia Island). Chuck, unfortunately, passed away some years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
          Chuck, unfortunately, passed away some years ago.
          Gulp. What happened to Chuck? He wasn't very old at all. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I miss the group that used to gather at Gary's place. Sad that Chuck did die young. A good guy. Some of the others I still see at times--Russ Haggen, Ingvar Vik, Ted Valbert, Jim Newmann, and Bill Hallett.

Comment

Working...
            X