50 Starlight Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Starlight Coupe

Moving along with the restoration of my 50 rebuild. Have decided to keep original dash. Mine all work, but would like to have new gauges and speedometer, as faces on mine are faded and yellow. Anyone have a set to sell. Would like nos, but very good used may be OK. Thanks

Champion and not a Commander I presume.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
      Champion and not a Commander I presume.
      Yes, it is a Champion. Am installing a 1955 DeSoto 291 Hemi with a 518 four speed automatic. Have already installed a Mustang II front clip with 11" disc brakes. Want to keep original dash and gauge set, just convert to twelve volts.

Comment

I have NOS gauges, but you may want to find some 12v ones to fit it.

Comment

Do you have the speedometer? Mine works, but needs a new face. What is your price for the oil, temp, alt and fuel. gauges? Do you have a fuel sending unit? I plan to use resistors to lower voltage from 12v to 6v. Have not come up with a fix for the speedometer cable to connect to the Chrysler 518 transmission I want to install. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Use regulators for the gauges, rather than resistors. They work better and are safer.

RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Radio Roy,
              Thanks for the response with the links. I have a couple of old radios that may have some use to someone like you who restores. One is late 40's I think and the other is from a Hawk. If you have any interest let me know. Do you know of some one that can restore the face on my speedometer?

Comment

Working...
              X