1957 Golden Hawk Clock and Antenna Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 1957 Golden Hawk Clock and Antenna Question

Who should I sent my clock for upgrade repair? Also does anyone have NOS dual antennas for mr car including install brackets
    Thanks

Originally posted by Pdskinner View Post
    Who should I sent my clock for upgrade repair? Also does anyone have NOS dual antennas for mr car including install brackets
    Thanks

There's NHspeedometer.com in CA.
    Clocksandguages.com in IL.
    I'm going with Smiths Classic Car Clocks in CO. because he makes the clock like new. No upgrade just makes it work like a factory clock.
    Most places want $320 to upgrade to quartz

Treblig

Comment

The Clock Works..1745 Meta Lake Road, Eagle River, Wisconsin 54521-8531. The owners name is Jerry Magayne at (715) 479-5759. He does all kinds of repair work including quartz conversions at really reasonable prices. Rebuilt mine for $73.00 and returned it like new. I'm sure his quartz conversions are far less than $325.00 but you can call him and he will discuss your options or email him at www.clockwks.com. Great guy to do business with and fast turn-around.

Comment

What does your clock need? Most times they just need their contact points cleaned and a general cleaning and lubrication. If that is all that needs to be done, most anyone that works on clocks or instruments can do it. I do not know your abilities, so I do not know if you can do it yourself. If you are working on an antique car, you should have at least that level of ability.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I haven't had any issues with the reproduction dual antenna kits. These come with the brackets and are not difficult to install.

Chris.

Comment

I think $59.95 is a pretty good price for someone to disassemble your clock, polish the bezel and the lens, paint the pointer arms and refurbish the mechanism. I have bigger fish to fry so that's the route I'm taking.

treblig

Comment

If you go with dual rear antennas, remember that only one of them gets connected electrically. Connecting both of them will probably weaken the signal to the radio.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                If you go with dual rear antennas, remember that only one of them gets connected electrically. Connecting both of them will probably weaken the signal to the radio.
                That is a good point. I suppose by now, many do not realize that one of the rear antennas, when you have a pair, is merely there for symmetry.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Treblig View Post
                  I think $59.95 is a pretty good price for someone to disassemble your clock, polish the bezel and the lens, paint the pointer arms and refurbish the mechanism. I have bigger fish to fry so that's the route I'm taking.treblig
                  $59.95? What does this mean? No one here is offering to repair one for that Low price, are you?
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I found an NOS clock for my Champion, but I turn off the power to it when I'm not driving the car. It saves battery power and wear on the clock since the car sets for long periods of time, like 6 months of winter.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      $59.95? What does this mean? No one here is offering to repair one for that Low price, are you?
                      Jim at Smiths classic car clocks quoted me $59.95 to refurbish my clock. It was just two days ago.

Treblig

Comment

$59.95 was the quote to rebuild my clock from clock works in Wisconsin. The total of $73.00 included insured shipping to and from.

Comment

Working...
                        X