Nice 1957 Silver Hawk Old Car of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice 1957 Silver Hawk Old Car of the Week

Nice colors, nice car, nice equipment. What more could you ask for?

BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Old Cars Weekly has given good coverage to Studebakers over the years and they are usually accurate. This is no exception. There are a couple of "typos", as well as, they imply that all 1956 Hawks had fiberglass fins and they state;" Studebaker dropped the Silver label and went back to calling the model simply the Hawk." which is not true (never just Hawk before).

I may know the early history of this car and worked on it in the 1970s. A local guy bought this car or an identical Hawk and planned on keeping it "forever". He drove it in good weather with the seats covered and the carpeting and package shelf cover removed and stored away. He moved to other parts of the country and I lost track of the car.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This is the reply received after I let Old Cars Weekly know that we were discussing this.

"To: Studebaker Drivers Club Forum
      Subject: Re: Nice 1957 Silver Hawk Old Car of the Week

Thanks Studegary! We knew we'd be hearing from you this week!

Best,

Brian Earnest
      Editorial Director
      F+W Media Automotive and Military Communities"
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
      X