parts to China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts to China

As most of you know I am loosing my 4000 sq foot shop filled with Studebaker parts, I was given notice that I was to be out by the end of Feb. After sitting down with the landlord we worked out a new lease for 6 months giving me more time to clean things out and either sell or give away these parts. Yesterday I started going through crates and making crates that I am now calling junk and crates that could or should be saved, these crates will be scrapped at a later date if not given or sold before hand. After filling 2 crates my scrap man just happened by so he took the first 2 crates and will be stopping by from day to day to get more as I go through and make new scrap crates. As of right now the sheet metal will be the last to go since now I might be making the May South Bend swap meet, but only if I can sell enough to cover the cost of the trip, I did that for the international in Saint Louis and it worked out fine, but my wife being H/C make things harder to do. I have a lot of engine , I don't know what happened but after I went to log out this screen came up with my post so here it is for now, will add more when I have time, will also answer questions....Bob 510-266-2522
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

We all knew this was coming soon.
    Glad to hear of the extension.

I don't suppose there is any chance of some new photos being posted....?

StudeDave '57
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Update to my Studebaker parts, as I poster the land lord wanted me out in 3 months at the end of Feb. after we had a chance to really talk about it we came down to a new lease for 6 months so I can move ahead and have time to sell and give away some with out needing to send every thing to China. So as of right now I am planning on selling enough parts to cover a trip to South Bend in May for the swap meet. I did this in Aug. and went to Saint Louis and things worked out well my trip was covered , people got parts at a very reduced price with delivery east and the main thing these parts did not get scrapped. Doing this will give me time to try and do it again but as before any thing ordered will need to be paid for in advance with the understanding that if I don't sell enough to cover the trip then money will be returned. The fact that my wife is handicap means I need to hire some one to take care of her while I am gone so that amount will be figured into what is needed to cover the trip. I figure between $4000.00 and $5000.00 is what a trip like this cost so that is what I am planning for. I have set the date of April 1 the cut off date if I go or not. I have been selling parts since about 1990 and there is very little perfect or very good items left in sheet metal so any I have will need some work one way or another but the price will also reflect that. As of today I have one order for $900.00 and that is a good start, I hope to cover it by April 1 so I don't have to return any ones money, let me know your needs. I will not deliver a full car as that would take up all the room on the trailer, I do have full flow blocks I will bring for $100.00 each and have lots of hard parts for engines. call me or PM me....510-266-2522...Bob
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Just bumping this to keep it near the top, 435 lookers and no response in any way, I know it has only been two days but if no one wants any thing it will make my job a lot easier.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          Just bumping this to keep it near the top, 435 lookers and no response in any way, I know it has only been two days but if no one wants any thing it will make my job a lot easier.
          You had much more action in the other thread you started at about the same time~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...parts-to-China

But I think many folks are like me, and (as mentioned above in post #2 of this thread) might be waiting to see some current photos so as to know what we might be going after.
          Help us help you and the outcome can/will be a much better deal all around...

StudeDave '57
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Dave, pictures would not be of each piece any would be of whole lot with wide angle, to much work trying to get pictures of every thing and extra work is what I don't need, all people need to do is PM me and I will see and get back to them....Bob
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Dave, pictures would not be of each piece any would be of whole lot with wide angle, to much work trying to get pictures of every thing and extra work is what I don't need, all people need to do is PM me and I will see and get back to them....Bob
              Bob- I understand that the photos would be as you say. My point is the only photos I have seen were taken years ago. Much has changed since then, yes? It's quite obvious that your parts are either going to go to a vendor or into a dumpster. I'm just trying to help people (other vendors) that might be able to help you. Old U-Haul vans can hold a bunch of sheet metal...

StudeDave '57
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I believe that you will get more viewers of this topic with a different name/title. Many people have no concern for things going to China and may just skip this thread. I suggest changing it to CA parts to South Bend. You can go "advanced" and do this (I can't).
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Or maybe rename it like "Last chance to save Stude parts from going to China!"
                  1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
                  1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
                  1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
                  1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
                  1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
                  1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

I'll try to give you a jingle soon Bob. If it bolts onto a '63 Lark, I'm likely interested
                    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Well... in my case it has to do with residing on the lovely island of Here-I-am-a-broke-ah where we hear the plaintive call of the Lack-a-wampum bird, "BROOOOOOKE! BROOOOKE!!" Even for free I can't do it. Though I must admit after having seeing the place it just makes me really depressed thinking of all that going for scrap!Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-sad029.gif
Views:	1
Size:	1,021 Bytes
ID:	1703040Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-sad030.gif
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	1703041 So if you have anything for 56s please DON'T tell me!Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-sad025.gif
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	1703042

Now ya know why I was keep'in my mouth shut.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	emo10.gif
Views:	17
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	1703043
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Gary, you might be right but I really don't want to rewrite this whole post and I don't know how to just change the title, if any one can please do so for me......Bob
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

No one else except the Moderators can touch your text or your Title Bob, but all you have to do is click the "Go Advanced" Mode and you get the option to click in the Title box and fix it.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Could use a cab for a Champ pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
                              Could use a cab for a Champ pick up.
                              Sorry Jim all gone , but thanks for asking...Bob
                              Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,