parts to China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts to China

I have started this post now for the 3rd time and the past 2 times as the post got longer I would lose the post and have to start over, what could this be and why? Right now I don't have time to do another post on my parts so will do it later when I don't feel so p...off about what is happening. Just want to say parts started going to China yesterday, just 2 crates but it is a start.... Funny thing happened when logging off one of my original post came up so I added a little and posted it so, just follow that one it starts out the same "parts to China"
    Last edited by candbstudebakers; 12-09-2015, 08:12 AM.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Do you happen to have a radiator that will fit a '56 Sky Hawk?...

Comment

Who's buying parts for Studebakers in China? I read that there are all sorts of import and taxation issues for the wealthy folk of China to even consider importing / buying any old American cars..!
      Richard
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packard352 View Post
        Who's buying parts for Studebakers in China? I read that there are all sorts of import and taxation issues for the wealthy folk of China to even consider importing / buying any old American cars..!

When Bob says he is sending Studebaker parts to China, I think he means as scrap metal..

Comment

Bob,

Hey, you've done your best to offer the Studebaker parts here in the states. Time to let them go.

Perhaps they'll come back reincarnated as replacement parts for our modern cars.
          Dan Peterson
          Montpelier, VT
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

would you have header pipes for my '63 289?

Comment

If You are talking stock exhaust pipes,front header pipes "and Bob doesn't have any" I may have some n.o.s. for Lark or Hawk.if You are talking actual Headers,game over for Me .

Originally posted by evilhawk View Post
              would you have header pipes for my '63 289?
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Honestly, I am just curious... I have sold scrap metal at a local yard in Texas before. Does California not have places to sell scrap metal? I just don't understand sending it all the way to China. ???
                sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                Regal Deluxe Trim
                Automatic transmission
                46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

I'll venture a WAG that he sold them to local scrappers who turned around right away and resold them to the Chinese.

It's kind of depressing that irreplaceable Studebaker parts that also probably won't be reproduced are being scrapped. But if nobody is buying that stuff for their Studeys....

BTW, I like the handle deco droid. Because Dieselpunk.
                  1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
                  1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
                  1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
                  1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
                  1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
                  1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

I came across some news that half of China's steel industry is on the verge of collapse because of over production and construction slowdown, It may have been on NPR or one of the country's major newpapers, I cannot recall. I guess even the Chinese can fall victim to supply and demand
                    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
                    The Replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by DougHolverson View Post
                      I'll venture a WAG that he sold them to local scrappers who turned around right away and resold them to the Chinese.

It's kind of depressing that irreplaceable Studebaker parts that also probably won't be reproduced are being scrapped. But if nobody is buying that stuff for their Studeys....

BTW, I like the handle deco droid. Because Dieselpunk.
                      Thanks, Doug -- I am actually a big art deco fan -- antiques, art and otherwise. The droid part came from my interest in Star Wars. Mystery solved.
                      sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                      Regal Deluxe Trim
                      Automatic transmission
                      46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

So did you like the Bespin part of ESB? :3 It's probably Lucas' best tribute to the '30s-'40s pulps. Least until Fisher in a brass bikini next to an alien monster blew it out of the water (or sand).

The bullet-nose and double ender Studebakers are what got me into Deco and Googie back when I was a kid and teen back in the '70s. I was wondering how that stuff could look both old and futuristic at the same time. :3
                        1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
                        1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
                        1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
                        1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
                        1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
                        1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

I tell you Bob if I had the money and the time I would come get all your left over sheet metal just to save it plus it would be centrally located. Hope you don't have to throw to much. Steve

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                            I tell you Bob if I had the money and the time I would come get all your left over sheet metal just to save it plus it would be centrally located. Hope you don't have to throw to much. Steve
                            Boy I'll second that one Steve. I have the time and likely have the most space of anyone on this list... and the least money.

So sorry to hear of this loss Bob. No blame or anger, just... well, sorrow at that which can never be replaced. Ah... we packrats are the only ones who can truly appreciate such a fabulous stash as Bob had...
                            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                              If You are talking stock exhaust pipes,front header pipes "and Bob doesn't have any" I may have some n.o.s. for Lark or Hawk.if You are talking actual Headers,game over for Me .
                              I am looking for the stock "J" shaped exhaust pipe that attaches to the manifold. I need the passenger side... the one I have is full of holes.

Comment

Working...
                              X