• Studebaker Avanti R2 Prices Rise 30% According to "The Drive"

Market values rise 30% for a Studebaker Avanti R2 according to "The Drive."

www.theavanti.net/drive.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	thedrive.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1749116

One reason I 'got into' Studebakers years ago is that they were affordable......and I hope as long as I'm around that 'affordability' factor never changes!

If it does, a lot of us, newbys included, will be on the outside looking in!

(I NEVER understood $100,000+ '57 Chevys!!!!!)

Comment

Especially since they're "belly button" cars...

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post

Especially since they're "belly button" cars...
        Apparently when the folks with money look into their past at the cars they want to purchase, Studebakers aren't on their lists. Back when the tr-fives were new they were the affordable butt-kicking cars of the era, those memories persist in the minds of we whom grew up in that era. Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
          Apparently when the folks with money look into their past at the cars they want to purchase, Studebakers aren't on their lists. Back when the tr-fives were new they were the affordable butt-kicking cars of the era, those memories persist in the minds of we whom grew up in that era. Bob
          To tell you the truth Bob, I don't understand $100,000+ Studebaker Golden Hawk prices either!

Comment

Rises in values is a double-edged sword...it depends if you're looking to buy or looking to sell. When certain cars become more popular parts become more expensive or non-existent.

If you intend to keep your car long-term then value increases don't matter beyond bragging to anyone who will listen.
            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

"The Drive: Why You Should Buy a 1963-64 Studebaker Avanti Right Now. Gangly, googly and weird all over,"

Sold me.
              Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Makes me wish I'd made an offer on the white '64 I used to see semi-regularly in SF about 10-12 years ago. I had volunteered "roadside assistance" twice when it quit on him in as many months. I sensed that second time, along Market St. in rush hour traffic, he might have been receptive to an offer.

Hopefully the guy around the corner with the turquoise/turquoise '63 will hold on to his until the boys are out of college (another 18 years, LOL). That's a lot of storage $$ I'll have saved!

Let's not forget that Hagerty is an insurance company first and foremost. Higher values means higher premiums.
                IMHO, the "BUY NOW!!" message is more convincing to those outside our current rosters. I, for one, will be happy to have them in the club.
                Andy
                62 GT

Comment

I see no up-side to inflating car values.

If you want to buy one, it costs more.

If you want to sell one, there are fewer prospective buyers.

If you need parts, they cost more.

If you live in a state where they tax cars on the value, you pay more taxes.

As the car increases in value, it is more likely to be stolen.

If you insure the car, the insurance costs more.

If you get collector car insurance, you can't just drive it to the mall and leave it unattended in the parking lot and if you drive it across country, you can't park it outside in a motel parking lot overnight. They have to be kept garaged.

And so it goes. It's mostly just inflation anyway.

We just buy what we like and keep it. The kids can deal with it when we pass on.

Don J

Comment

Hagerty can be a "guide", but I generally find them high. Perhaps for the reasons Andy does.

Although any car valuation site or magazine will have lots of errors, I find this one a little more reflective of actual sales...

http://www.caaarguide.com/sub1/id311.html

In the end, however, we believe what we want to believe...until the time come to sell. Then the market will tell us the actual value.
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

At that rate of increase, I should break even somewhere around 2026. lol
                      edp/NC
                      \'63 Avanti
                      \'66 Commander

Comment

I'm of the opinion that if it wasn't for the "drag" on the market caused by the the Avanti II Studebaker built Avantis would be significantly higher. At least 50%.
                        ed ellis

sigpic

the "SUPER COUPE"

Comment

Working...
                        X