How the Forum works so well & thanks to Paul Windish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the Forum works so well & thanks to Paul Windish

Last month there was a posting about a aussie guy trying to buy a 63 R2 car on ebay and was having difficulty's with the deal. He contacted Paul Windish (a Forum Member) to see if he could help with the purchase of the car because he lived near the area where the car was for sale but it didn't eventuate.
    After reading the post of the 63 R2 car I contacted Paul and he pasted on Rob's contact details.
    Obviously Rob wanted a supercharged car so I intern put Rob in contact with a buddy of mine who was considering selling his 64 R2 Daytona Convertible ( one of six made) .
    The two guys got together today (they live 700 miles apart) and a deal was struck and Rob drove the 64 Daytona home.
    So this would not have happened if not for the Forum's great network and Paul trying to help out a guy half way around the world to for fill his dream.

Brian Greenall
    Melbourne, OZ
    sigpic

Yup. It's a community.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Brian, do we have this car registered on the 1964 Daytona Convertible Owners' Registry?

Stu Chapman

Comment

Way to go Brian. You did a great job bringing the 64 Convert back to life. It looks like new again.

Comment

Yep, that is one beautiful Daytona. When you look at that nice design, then look at the boxy 64 Chevy, you have to wonder why Studebaker didn't far outsell the square box Chevy.

Comment

All's well that end's well, as someone once said. Beautiful car.
            Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
            50 Champion 2 door*
            53 Commander K Auto*
            53 Commander K overdrive*
            55 President Speedster
            62 GT 4Speed*
            63 Avanti R1*
            64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Great looking car, and a even greater Studebaker community here !

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                Yep, that is one beautiful Daytona. When you look at that nice design, then look at the boxy 64 Chevy, you have to wonder why Studebaker didn't far outsell the square box Chevy.
                No doubt a better looking design but there wasn't a rumor about GM going out of business. I'm sure purchasers felt safer purchasing a Chevy than a Studebaker with a questionable parent company future. Such a sad loss.

Comment

Reminds me of the guy travelling to St Louis and broke the axle-back on the road in record time because of this forum.
                  That's what this is all about.
                  Bill

Comment

You already have it Stu, I listed on the first page of the registry post.
                    Vin is 10513, new owner is Rob Johnson in Newcastle, Sydney.
                    Brian Greenall
                    Melbourne, OZ
                    sigpic

Comment

I like the basic color combination. White with a black top looks very classy.
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Brian, I'm glad I was able able to help you guys get together! This is indeed proof the Studebaker Forum is truly an international organization when a guy from Tinley Park IL can get two guys from Australia together for a beautiful R2 convertible.
                        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Hey Brett, that looks like a an early shot of Oliva!

Anyhow the old 64 made the 700 mile trip no problems!
                          Brian Greenall
                          Melbourne, OZ
                          sigpic

Comment

That someone was William Shakespeare.
                            Originally posted by ddub View Post
                            All's well that end's well, as someone once said. Beautiful car.
                            peter lee

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                              I like the basic color combination. White with a black top looks very classy.
                              Brent,
                              Even better with the top down.
                              pb
                              Last edited by 63r2; 11-30-2015, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X