special tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special tools

I'm wondering if there is a vender who offers reproductions of some special tools? Specifically, an axle slide hammer (# J-2619) and the axle shaft puller adapter set (# J-7935). How about the proverbial hub puller? My son made his own and it works pretty well but I'd like to have one of my own. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Check with Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker in Ohio. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think Snap On has the hub puller, but it isn't cheap as I recall. Hub pullers are often found at swap meets. You might try that. I bought mine at the York Swap Meet several years ago.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I will have one hub puller available at the SYSM in March of 2016--See me in Hort Hall if interested. Gordon

Comment

Also check with Chuck Collins in Phoenix, I bought one of his a few years back, works great!

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
            I think Snap On has the hub puller, but it isn't cheap as I recall.
            Cheap and Snap-On are mutually exclusive terms

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

The hub puller was used on many vehicles over the years. There are many top quality pullers available.
              Along with checking the Studebaker Vendors, try ebay.
              I now have 2 hub pullers through ebay. I put an extremely low maximum bid on them both, thinking I may win 1.
              One is a NAPA brand, new in the box, the other is a Proto, lightly used. I think I have $65 dollars including shipping for both.
              South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Thank you all for the leads. Ill give Phil Harris a try for the slide hammer and kit and hub puller. Ill also check with NAPA to see what their hub puller looks like and compare prices for that particular item.

Comment

Working...
                X