Looking for his Dad's custom '53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for his Dad's custom '53

This customized '53 (from the early 1960's) appeared in the 'Roadside America' thread back in March. I just learned that the former owner's son is now trying to locate it.

Gary Elmore's son, Gary Elmore Jr., is currently trying to locate his dad's old custom. If you know what happened to it, or if you have any leads or additional info to share, please get in touch with us at mail@kustomrama.com.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gary-elmore-1953-studebaker-custom6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1749088
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Cool beans, Dwain. I hope it surfaces, and be sure to keep us posted. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Add me to the list of those hoping he finds the car. Our forum member "Wolfie" found his dad's old (53 or 54). If he sees this, I'll leave it to him to share the story. My dad let one of my older brothers borrow his '40 Chevy back in the late 1960's, and I never saw the car again. Through the years, my brother gave different versions of the fate of the car.

There's something comforting about what I call "constants" in life...heritage items, a watch, a car, picture, hunting rifle, or box of tools. Not so much for their actual value, but valued for the memories.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Whoa! Gary was out of Castro Valley, CA!! We don't know ANYONE up there do we?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I love the front treatment, I like the rear view, but could do without the sidepipes and the fender openings on side. I hope it can be found regardless.

Comment

Something about that car looks familiar to me.... Perhaps it's been recently revived in a slightly modified form?
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
            X