Studebenches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebenches?

Are these something that you can buy somewhere? Or are they just a three-off?

Click image for larger version

Name:	studebenches.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	1749007
    1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
    1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
    1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
    1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
    1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
    1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Neat stuff. I want one.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

look like fiberglass repops to me, at least that's what I hope.

Comment

52 taillights. Really cool but what I don't get is this much work for a backyard setting but not have some better wheels - or at least hubcaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Michidan View Post
          52 taillights. Really cool but what I don't get is this much work for a backyard setting but not have some better wheels - or at least hubcaps.
          Perhaps they have the snow tires mounted.
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Golf cart bodies??

Comment

Where's the popcorn? I'm in!
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Well they sure look good but I bet there an arm and a leg to buy and they`d need to be fiberglass too out in the weather
                But I`m not so sure about the upholstery whether it would stand up to the outdoor environment especially close to trees etc
                And even more so being white what a pain that`d be keeping that up to scratch !!!
                Should have had a pair of wheels too and twin exhausts out the rear with just the rear legs so you could move them around like a wheel barrow
                And even better if one of the trunk lids opened to reveal a BBQ !!!
                Geoff

Comment

Yea, nicer wheels and a bumper for each would be a much nicer finish.

Mike

Comment

Too Cute! Where's the projector?

Comment

If you can afford a backyard Theatre with a giant Screen Monitor you probably could afford to have the "Benches" Custom made.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Backyard theater is not expensive at all. I have a setup I use at my house which has a total cost of less than $200. It projects to a screen size of about 200 inch diagonal. We just use the wall of the house. It looks fabulous. Outside in the Summer with popcorn and a 200 watt stereo pushing the sound will invite the neighbors over in a hurry. Pretty cool.
                        Sometimes its kids night, so we play something the young guys like. We've done Incredibles, Rio, Cars as well as some shoot em up, blow em up movies I like.
                        sals54

Comment

Working...
                        X