The Plain Brown Wrapper's salesman makes AmZoil News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Plain Brown Wrapper's salesman makes AmZoil News

Rather remarkable, this. The gentleman highlighted here, Jerry Palma, is the salesman of record for cousin George Krem's famous 1964 Studebaker R3 Challenger, The Plain Brown Wrapper.

Jerry is the youngest of the six children of Joseph Sr. and Louise Palma, both of whom are deceased. Two of their other children were a daughter, Louise, and another son, Lumir. Louise is George Krem's mother and Lumir is my father; hence we are cousins and Jerry is our mutual "Uncle Jerry." In 1957, 22-year-old Jerry bought a new 1957 Silver Hawk V8 with stick overdrive on which I learned to drive...and which George drove extensively, too.

In the summer of 1964, Jerry was 29 years old and is shown here delivering the new Plain Brown Wrapper to his nephew George Krem at Snider Auto Service in Indianapolis:

To the subject matter at hand (Jerry's Pontiac Transport he calls "The Chief,") AmZoil dealers and customers swear by the products to the point of it being a religion, it seems. His Transport's performance to date would seem to suggest that they do have a plan of salvation!

When he bought that Transport, I was helping him look for a vehicle. He found it on his own and liked it. He called to ask my opinion and I said, "If it has the 3800 engine and you like it, it sounds like a good deal to me; go for it!"

'Must've been good advice. Congrats, Jerry. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

The silly grin on my face in the Snider Auto Service photo is what happens when your family is a Studebaker family and you're buying your first new car.

George
    Last edited by R3 challenger; 11-07-2015, 02:28 PM.
    george krem

Comment

Neat Story Bob. I had to laugh when I read this however: "He cleans his Tools with AmsOil MP (AMP)"

Now I know where George gets his "meticulousness"!!

I do have to wonder what that stuff is though. A shop rag works for me!

UPDATE, it turns out it is a possibly improved WD 40 type product!:
      MP Metal Protector

High-Performance Spray-On Metal Surface Protectant
      Displaces water and protects metal surfaces from rust and corrosion. Provides a light film that prevents metal-to-metal contact. Excellent for use on guns, hinges, squeaky mechanical objects, electrical systems and more. Penetrates existing rust buildup. Also dries wet electrical systems.

Last edited by StudeRich; 11-07-2015, 02:53 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
      X