Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '52 HT parts car Seattle CL

Not a bad car-tinted glass too!

Now, this car would be better to make a father/son gasser project, rather than the nice 55 hardtop.

Comment

Looks like those grill parts some of the members are looking for at a very reasonable price. Bob

Comment

No reason to part that one out. It does appears rather complete with a good body on it except for a bit of rust on the trunk floor from what I can see.

Craig

Comment

To start with a 52 hardtop after the purchase price, add $5,000 to do the chrome work before you spend any other money on the car. I love 52's and the hardtop, but reality sets in anytime I look at the chrome work involved. The die cast pieces around the belt line, the grill, all the ornaments just add up quickly. Then you have the mechanical issues starting with the DG, engine. Lets see, hmmm upholstery, brakes, ad infinitum. Speedster money spent not on a Speedster.

Like I say, I love the 52's especially overdrive equipped Commanders, but I would need to find a car at that price in much better shape to even consider the car. I am focused on doing my Speedster, even if it is one piece at a time.

Bob Miles
          Tucson AZ

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
            Now, this car would be better to make a father/son gasser project, rather than the nice 55 hardtop.
            Would make a good car to graft the front sheetmetal of a '50 or '51 onto. Wouldn't that make a really cool gasser!!

Personally, I like the gasser look and have a really solid '61 Hawk 4 speed that would make a great candidate. But, I would be afraid that the gasser look would go back out of style before I got it finished.
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

It's price reflects the anticipated cost of restoration. You would end up with an outstanding example of Studebaker's Centennial model. Nice understated color combo, too!

Comment

It will most likely end up with a bullet nose on it.
                I don't see the upper grill bar, desirable headlights and tail lights seem to be missing along with the beltline trim.
                Good luck finding the beltline whoever got that one danced all the way home! As stated lots of chrome work to do $$$.

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
                  /Cut/I don't see the upper grill bar, desirable headlights and tail lights seem to be missing along with the beltline trim.
                  Good luck finding the beltline whoever got that one danced all the way home! As stated lots of chrome work to do $$$. Dean.
                  Some or all of that stuff could be right here in and on the 2 Boxes!

StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I rebuilt the mechanics on a friend's '52 Commander HT a few years back (and farmed out the cosmetics), some of the parts were hard to find, such as the rear window rubber. AND as stated above the chrome was $$; even the rear window dividers were pitted....but it sure looked great when we got it back together!!!!

Comment

Let me know if anyone would like me to take a look at the car for you. I live about 25 minutes from where this is located.

The owner has also been running another ad for a while. The same 52 hard top is in the picture (the same sticker is in the window of the driver's side rear glass).

Last edited by Mark L; 11-08-2015, 12:22 AM.
                      Mark L

Comment

Working...
                      X