53 Under Hood Light PICTURE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Under Hood Light PICTURE

Anybody have a 53 commander coupe with an original under hood light? Where does the wire connect? Maybe a picture??
    Last edited by Flashback; 11-10-2015, 04:41 PM.

Mine was on the unswitched side of the fuse block....

Additionally.....do you have a straight on picture of your exhaust exiting along the sides of the gas tank, seeing how it is a little wider than the original I was wondering how the clearances were.

Bill
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Additionally.....do you have a straight on picture of your exhaust exiting along the sides of the gas tank, seeing how it is a little wider than the original I was wondering how the clearances were.

Bill[/QUOTE]

I am still incapacitated for a little while. I don't think I have a good file picture. I will get you one soon.

Comment

under hood light

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
        Anybody have a 53 commander coupe with an original under hood light? Where does the wire connect? Maybe a picture??
        The wiring diagram shows it connecting to the auxiliary circuit breaker. I wired mine that way there are some spare connections on the breaker. The switch is actuated by a mercury switch. They are a little hard to find these days as mercury is on the hit list. I found one at an auto recyclers. Here the government requires all salvage vehicles to have them removed and stored in a prescribed safe manner.

Comment

I have a wiring diagram, but was wondering if it wired through the firewall I guess. Anybody have a original light, and wire, on a car, you could post a picture?

Comment

I recently installed a Stude acc. underhood light on my '55 Speedster, 'The Doctor's Car', but haven't wired it in yet.....I'd also like to see a photo showing factory wiring for this item .

Comment

I installed under the hood lights on my '66 and '64 Studes but have not installed anything on my '55. Both my newer Studes have automatic transmissions so I used the wire for the overdrive on one so the light only comes on when the ignition key is on. The other I followed directions and used a fused wire.
              sigpic
              55 President Deluxe
              64 Commander
              66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Yes the wire goes through the firewall through a grommet and connects to the auxiliary breaker.

Comment

underhood light

Here is a photo of the underhood light on our '54. Also the wiring diagram.

Click image for larger version

Name:	underhood light.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1701497Click image for larger version

Name:	underhood light wiring.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1701498
                  Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
                  Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                  X