Early '63 GT Hawk R2 4 Speed Bellingham, WA on the "Bay"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early '63 GT Hawk R2 4 Speed Bellingham, WA on the "Bay"

Gosh, does NW Washington State REALLY have all of the coolest Studebakers in the Country?

The 10th '63 JTS Lark/Hawk Engine in the 5th. R2 '63 GT Hawk built, and with a 4 Speed, built Sept. 12, 1962, this would be way before the Power Shift Option was available.

Looks like a easy restoration candidate not needing any Rust repair.
    It has a really nice rust free Decklid just needing the Overlay Panel to be quite close to Original.

UPDATE: OPPS, here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-G...m=281848286042
    Last edited by StudeRich; 11-05-2015, 07:47 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Are you selling it, Rich? If not, can you tell us who the seller is?
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I think this is it.

Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I think your wrong about that part of the country having the coolest cars. I think there all in one spot. Cincinnati Ohio

Comment

Thanks, Don. James and Stephenie Bell. BTW, I think they MAY have a corner on all the coolest Studebakers in the country.
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Looks like this nice Black '63 GT R2 4 Speed is sold for $20,095.00 that seems like a good price considering it is unrestored.

I think the performance models ARE definately going up in multiples of the prices of Standard equipped Studes. of the same Model.
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Looks like this nice Black '63 GT R2 4 Speed is sold for $20,095.00 that seems like a good price considering it is unrestored.

I think the performance models ARE definately going up in multiples of the prices of Standard equipped Studes. of the same Model.
              OK then, someone make me an offer on 64 GT R2.....
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

Yep!...I'm a 'Big Fan' of this one Rich.......complete right down to the '4 spd' streamer!

Comment

I know the last two owners of this car (actually, three, if you count James & Stephanie). Nice car, good start for a show car restoration. For that price, I'm tempted to put mine on ebay and see what happens......

Comment

Well that makes TWO of you that could become Copycats, any more out there?

Hey it's OK, whatever works for you is fine with me.
                    StudeRich
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      Gosh, does NW Washington State REALLY have all of the coolest Studebakers in the Country?

The 10th '63 JTS Lark/Hawk Engine in the 5th. R2 '63 GT Hawk built, and with a 4 Speed, built Sept. 12, 1962, this would be way before the Power Shift Option was available.

Looks like a easy restoration candidate not needing any Rust repair.
                      It has a really nice rust free Decklid just needing the Overlay Panel to be quite close to Original.

UPDATE: OPPS, here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-G...m=281848286042
                      To answer your question: Dick Steinkamp country. Enough said.
                      Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                      jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Working...
                      X