Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getty Images

Lots of nice pictures here:

Browse Getty Images' premium collection of high-quality, authentic Studebaker photos & royalty-free pictures, taken by professional Getty Images photographers. Available in multiple sizes and formats to fit your needs.

This one is awesome! http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/104411366

Very cool.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Great images of Raymond Loewy & his family. Thanks for sharing.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
      MELBOURNE.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Great photos, many I have never seen before.

And that 'Hamilton - Home of Studebaker' sign is amazing, hopefully someone was able to save it!

Chris.

Comment

Lots of pictures of Andy Studebaker in 53, 96 and 58 configurations.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I looked in the pics for my dad in the assembly line. A couple could have been him....or not.
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I wonder who the guy with the bow tie is and what his job is?
              Attached Files

Comment

Final inspector?
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

The second row of photographs kind of puts to rest the question about the painting of fender welting from the factory.
                  Perry
                  \'50 Business Champion
                  \'50 Starlight Champion
                  \'60 Lark Convertible,
                  \'63 GT R1,
                  \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Originally posted by fpstude View Post
                    The second row of photographs kind of puts to rest the question about the painting of fender welting from the factory.
                    I know the fender welting on the back fenders are supposed to be painted body color but I chose not to do that on my car. I have seen cars with the paint chipped off this welting and I thought that looked worse that clean black welting. That's the nice thing about modified class judging; you don't lose points for it.

I do agree it looks better but I was thinking long term when I made that call. Besides, non studebaker aficianados don't even notice that.
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Can't believe Ray added that big "V" emblem on the front of the hood!

Comment

Originally posted by fpstude View Post
                        One can only hope.

My only squawk is that, with fewer and fewer people around who know what is authentic and what is not, the general public will accept non-authentic as original - and so will we. Many American cars in museums in foreign countries have little incorrect details like these, and no one notices or cares.
                        Last edited by RadioRoy; 11-05-2015, 09:11 PM.
                        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Do the window notations on the white R2 Avanti of post #7 indicate body #1457, line #1334, R4346?

Comment

Working...
                          X