Grill mesh replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grill mesh replacement

Has anyone here ever replaced the mesh in their Hawk grill? Mine is in good shape, if a bit dull, but there are so many choices out there and I would like something with a little more POP to it.

I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

I don't see it pictured in your link, but I've seen some late model Chrysler 300's with an aftermarket grille of chromed circles - looked like chain mail. Thought it looked handsome there, and might add a fresh touch to a Hawk.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The last photo in the first row of your link looks like the stone guards installed on many of the high end cars of the thirties, including many Studebakers. That pattern in repeated in several of the photos in the link. Most appropriate.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I installed an NOS, 63GT grill insert in the 62GT. I got it from SI for about $75 IIRC. They may still have some of them. Only people who will ever point out that it is 63 v. 62 are the self appointed experts around SDC meets.

Comment

Working...
        X