1950 Champion Interior styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion Interior styles

I am about to replace the entire interior carpet, door panels, head liner and seats on my 50 Champion. Can anyone suggest photos so I can see various styles to choose from. I am going to use original Champion material and carpeting. I want to see what others have done.
    The car is a beautiful pale yellow, (doubt it is original).

Jim

The sales brochures have many nice renderings of interiors. perhaps somebody could scan them and post the pictures. There were a number of interior fabrics for the 50 Champion, dependent on the level of trim. the seat materials were mostly stripes and all the colors were in the grey, beige, and taupe shades.

There was a mohair grey seat with fine maroon lines, a multi-striped nylon with grey, muted blue, and yellow stripes. And others. Some of these have been reproduced.

Kudos on trying to make an original style interior. The upholstery seems to be the restoration part that most people skimp on, or just assume that anyone can do it with any fabric found at the fabric store.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

FYI, only the top trim level (Regal Deluxe) used carpet in the front floor. The -3 and -1 levels used rubber mats. I found a good supplier for industrial grade rubber sheet goods (3' wide) that makes a ribbed rubber mat that is similar to original. The tricky part is cutting it correctly to fit over the driveline hump and around the pedals. I don't have the name of the rubber goods supplier handy, but I'm sure I can find it in my files, if anyone is interested.
      John
      1950 Champion
      W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
      Holdrege NE

Comment

The yellow could be original, it was called tulip cream from the factory. Beautiful color when painted.

Mark

Comment

My dad bought a new 1950 Champion, and I thought the rubber mat was pebble grain, not ribbed. Dad had the lowest trim level, and it was Tulip Cream.

Wish I know who restored my 50 Champion 21 years ago. They did a fantastic job on the interior, but forgot to do the foot rest on the rear of the front seat. Now I don't know where to get the material.

Comment

I think you`ll find those foot rest treads where covered in carpet mine sure was but that`s a regal 50

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
              The yellow could be original, it was called tulip cream from the factory. Beautiful color when painted.

Mark
              The correct full name is Tulip Cream number 2.

Tulip cream without the number 2 was an older color.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I believe the pre-war Tulip Cream was a bit more yellow in color.

Did you purchase the production order from the museum as of yet? It will state the color on it.

Craig

Comment

On another thread, yesterday I asked if anyone know who manufactured that color and the paint code? Would you know it??

Comment

Originally posted by James Caspi View Post
                    On another thread, yesterday I asked if anyone know who manufactured that color and the paint code? Would you know it??
                    The paint code would be here in post #2: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-1950-Champion But it won't be readable until the thumbnail viewer issue gets resolved. As far as manufacturer of the paint itself, most likely, Niles Paint Company, or O'Brien Paint Company.

More on 1950 paint colors here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...50-paint-color

Craig

Comment

Are Nies Paint Company or O'Brien Paint company still in business? Or how would I go about obtaining the colors?

Comment

I never thought of doing that. What numbers do I provide the museum to find out the details?

And which museum is that?
                        Thanks, this will be very satisfying when I finish the car.!!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by James Caspi View Post
                          I never thought of doing that. What numbers do I provide the museum to find out the details?
                          Link here: https://studebakermuseum.org/store/production-orders/

VERY important document to have with your car, as it's basically your vehicle's "DNA".

Craig

Comment

Working...
                          X