Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Harris' Diesel Truck @ Geezer Drags

Check it out:

Studebaker (Automobile Company), drag racing, Kil-Kare Raceway (Location), Detroit Diesel (Business Operation), Fairborn Studebaker, Phil Harris

Helluva a launch, Phil! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Didn't Phil race against Gary Ash in his M-5 at Osceola in 2008?

Comment

Hey, Guido! Yes, we ran the diesel hauler and my M5 at South Bend in 2007. I beat him - barely - then, but we were running 24+ seconds back then. What a good time we had! Phil must have been cranking up the boost on that diesel hauler in those recent drags to cut off more than a full second. Great video.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ash-M5_vsHarris-diesel_SB2007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	1701331 Click image for larger version

Name:	Ash-Harris_drags_SB2007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1701333
      Attached Files
      Gary Ash
      Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
      ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
      '48 M5
      '65 Wagonaire Commander
      '63 Wagonaire Standard
      web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

My mistake, it was 2007 as we were in Lancaster in 2008. At least I remembered the race...

Comment

Great video. I am lucky enough to say I have the distinct pleasure to know both Phil Harris and Malcolm Berry. I have never known two more skilled individuals that are capable of making there own parts, designing and engineering fixes and upgrades to anything. They both have awesome shops and collections of fine Studebaker vehicles. Most of all they have always been there to lend a hand or offer advise when asked. Phil and Malcolm are two outstanding car folks and thank you...Mike
          Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
          Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Silverplate View Post
            Great video. I am lucky enough to say I have the distinct pleasure to know both Phil Harris and Malcolm Berry. I have never known two more skilled individuals that are capable of making there own parts, designing and engineering fixes and upgrades to anything. They both have awesome shops and collections of fine Studebaker vehicles. Most of all they have always been there to lend a hand or offer advise when asked. Phil and Malcolm are two outstanding car folks and thank you...Mike
            X2...well said!
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Looks like fun. I need to try that if I can get over my fear of having to walk home.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
              X