Sparton Karbelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparton Karbelts

I have these listed on EBAY, nos used in Studebakers in the middle to late 1950's.

The note on the instructions states its for 4-door sedans. I presume the belt will be too short to use on a Hawk.

Craig

Comment

Ridiculous compared to what? Do you see other nos sets for sale in the original box somewhere? If so please let me know so I can adjust the price accordingly.

There is one other set that came up on EBAY since I listed mine. They want $475.00. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-ORIGINA...BVzPZ5&vxp=mtr

Comment

The buckled strap is 26" Craig and the other strap is 39" so in total you 65" of seat belt. The reproduction belts Studebaker International sells come in 62" and 72" lengths. I have another set of these in the box with all the hardware that are red and measure 48" each section for a total of 96". Same price as the gray set.

Comment

Very interesting!....I have the same (color) Sparton belts, (nos) in the same type box, which are destined for my Speedster (The Doctor's Car) but have not made it in yet!

A good friend gave them to me as a Xmas gift a few years ago....They will have a great period 'look' when installed.

I definitely do not wish to sell mine.....but if I did, I would think they're worth more (in nos condition with all hardware included) than $175.00!

Comment

I sold a set a couple years back on ebay with a worse looking box for over $200.00
            To me that is a fair price.
            Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Period correct seat belts are nice.....But unless you never intend to use them, I would not install them.
              The stiching that holds the buckle and hold down bracket can be suspect after 50 or so years.
              I'll bet my life on a brand new reproduction set.......................

Comment

These belts were truly 'aircraft inspired'.....The unusual thing about them is that the L&R 'outer' belts are attached to a chrome plated bracket which fits onto the rear edge of the doors....with a clip installed forward on the interior door panel, supporting the outer belt when not in use.

If one forgets to use that clip,....then the outer belt falls on the ground when the door is opened!

Comment

You could always have the stitching redone.
                  Originally posted by alaipairod View Post
                  Period correct seat belts are nice.....But unless you never intend to use them, I would not install them.
                  The stiching that holds the buckle and hold down bracket can be suspect after 50 or so years.
                  I'll bet my life on a brand new reproduction set.......................

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                    Unless they were exposed to excessive humidity, which I highly doubt by looking at the photos, the stitching should be just fine.

Craig

Comment

Years ago, I bought on eBay the original engineering drawings of the Karkbelts from Sparton. This included the drawings for each part (except for bolts) and also included the drawing for the box including the artwork. I have framed several of these drawings that are all from circa late summer of 1955.

Comment

I have the maroon set listed now. This set is for a two door model.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                          .....It depends on who does the stitching...........Grandma.....Or a certified seatbelt technition..........

Comment

If needed I would have a sealtbelt technician do it.
                            Originally posted by alaipairod View Post
                            .....It depends on who does the stitching...........Grandma.....Or a certified seatbelt technition..........

Comment

Working...
                            X