Rare '56 Sky Hawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare '56 Sky Hawks

The're coming out of the woodwork! Still ANOTHER Rare '56 Sky Hawk has appeared!
    Advertised as a Coupe, but of course it's a Hardtop.

Sometimes I wonder if some people lurk here and see some action and interest in the Model they have and then List it!

I am sure anything CAN be saved, but this one is REALLY, really BAD. Whenever a Car sits outdoors with most of the glass gone it's in Big trouble, just sad to see.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

In my frantic search for a Hawk I ran across this one. It started out at $5,900 and it didn't have the pictures it has now (all the rot). I will maintain until the day I die that I STOLE mine for $4,000.... It was the best bang-for-the-buck of all the ones I looked at...and there were a BUNCH...
    Last edited by 345 DeSoto; 10-25-2015, 12:55 PM.

Comment

This rusty old Hawk was listed on e-bay before.....Note the wrong hood and the 1955 left fender side moulding!

Comment

SN-60 - If I might ask...what would indicate that it's the wrong hood?...

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
          SN-60 - If I might ask...what would indicate that it's the wrong hood?...
          The way the center ' faux air scoop' impression carries back to the cowl as opposed to the '56 only' center hood 'bubble'.....The '57-'64 style actually looks better...but most folks who restore a '56 Hawk to stock condition want the now somewhat rare '56 only' Hawk hood.

Comment

SN-60 - I BELIEVE my Sky Hawk has the "correct" hood...now that you mention it...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
              SN-60 - I BELIEVE my Sky Hawk has the "correct" hood...now that you mention it...
              That appears to be the correct 1956 Hawk hood on my screen.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

STUDEGARY - Thanks...

Comment

I am among the luckiest people to have found a Sky Hawk in the shop of a longtime friend who specializes in restoring Studies. As he was nearby, I didn't even have to travel far to find it. I agreed to buy it midway through the restoration process and had to wait another year and a half before it was done. It's a real crowd pleaser and multi award winner. BTW, I researched it, and there are only 66 registered in the country!
                  peter lee

Comment

I had no idea there were so few 1956 Sky Hawks left. That sure lowers the chance of me ever owning one.

Comment

I'm one of the lucky ones with the correct hood and even GH wheel well moulding.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1701110
                      Attached Files

Comment

The Sky Hawk was the lowest production of the Hawk series in 1956 and was a one-year wonder. I bought mine around 10 years back for about 2500 and rebuilt it, including the engine, then flipped it after I got bored with it for around 8000 or so. Somebody on eBay had for for $75K. Good luck with that!

-George-

Comment

Saw that...

Comment

Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
                            BTW, I researched it, and there are only 66 registered in the country!
                            How did you research that?

There are plenty more out there that aren't currently registered. My granddad has one that he's owner for over 20 years, though it hasn't been licensed and driven in almost that long.

Comment

There is a nice pink and black one in Ontario. They used to be members of the Hamilton Chapter.

Comment

Working...
                              X