Sky Hawk for 75k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Hawk for 75k

75k for this custom Sky Hawk. Very pretty car imho.

And I got jumped for wanting to put an automatic in MY Sky Hawk...

Comment

Nice car but he will own it for a long time before someone parts with 75K.

Comment

Been discussed here several times over the years and twice recently.

Yes, it's an excellent one-of-one custom and would cost more to build

No, not everyone will think it's worth the asking.

Maybe, we should hope it does sell for that, as rising prices lift all Studebakers.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
          And I got jumped for wanting to put an automatic in MY Sky Hawk...
          Go ahead, it is your car. There are people here (raises hand) that have strong opinions but it is still your car. If you want to cut your car up, dip it in 30w oil and eat it, go ahead, it is still your own car. Better to sell the parts for the overdrive for someone that needs it if you are not comfortable with the car is the way it is.

We had a fellow here in Tucson years ago that had a 1940 Packard Darrin that would surface once a year. He bought the car as it was going to the scrap year in 1953 and installed a 1953 Chrysler hemi in it. People not knowing that he saved if from become tins cans would chide him for the hemi in the car. All he would say is Ok buy it then and fix it your way. No one would put up but they still would shut up either. Didn't bother him one way or another. Don't know what happened over the years with him or the car, but at least he enjoyed it his way.

Bob Miles
          Tucson AZ

Comment

I know it's my car, but it IS a '56 Sky Hawk. I've decided to restore it to the way it came from South Bend...and leave the 3spd O/D in it. Oh WELL, if Wifey can't drive it.

Comment

I feel the same way about my 55 Speedster. I would much rather have a 3 speed overdrive BUT the car came with the DG250 3 speed automatic. It also came in Coraltone and Plimilco Gray. It would be easy in it's current state to do modification because with was stripped down 13 years and was going to undergo a "complete" restoration. Guy I got the car from was going to take it the next day to hot rod swap meet. I am still missing several Speedster specific items but that is improving day by day.

Get your wife the Lark, or better yet and Avanti(or Avanti II) and have her style in that

Bob Miles
              Tucson AZ

Comment

She's got a nice Grand Cherokee to drive...

Comment

Working...
                X