Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R3? Available in the Netherlands?

Inquiries made this AM

Looking for a classic Studebaker Avanti? Find your perfect car on ClassicCarsforSale.co.uk, the UK's best marketplace for buyers and traders.
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Looks like a clone-wrong valve covers, missing extra breather caps. Serial number not published in listing. Looks like a nice R2 update car to me--I'll let the R3 experts chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by karterfred88 View Post
      Looks like a clone-wrong valve covers, missing extra breather caps. Serial number not published in listing. Looks like a nice R2 update car to me--I'll let the R3 experts chime in.
      It has 2 breather caps on the valve cover and the 5th cap coming up from the oil pan on the right side..

Looking at how greasy everything is underneath, I think the engine has been in there for a long time. Maybe it is an R3.

Comment

I would guess that it might be 2383. I've seen late 64s with round headlights so a 63 with square headlights wouldn't surprise me.

Source: http://www.studebaker-info.org/avantix2.html
        Attached Files

Comment

I think I have seen this car been offered for sale for quite some time. I think first it was offered for sale in the Netherlands and now at an old car dealer in Belgium

There are a lot more photos here on their website

If the link does not work then go to

Oldtimerfarm is a selling organization, which is specialized in selling collection cars by order.

Pekka
          sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

At the current exchange rate, their asking price translates into $66,005.14 USD.

Decimal Dude

Comment

Well, that's a bummer! I was just through there two weeks ago and would have enjoyed the opportunity to look over a genuine R3.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

REAL R3 motor - car is an R-1

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                Well, that's a bummer! I was just through there two weeks ago and would have enjoyed the opportunity to look over a genuine R3.

jack vines
                I know this car well. It has a very late B engine in it----B-103 if I am correct.

I had the opportunity to buy the engine from Bob Fiero, but let a friend, Nimesh Solanki buy it as he was on the hunt for one as well.

It is NOT an original R-3 car, but should still have the real "B" engine in it that was rebuilt and installed by Nimesh about 5 or 6 years ago.

Was a really top notch car when it was first done, and looks like it still is with a little clean up.
                Last edited by R3studee; 10-23-2015, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X