Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now this is a streetrod that I could love...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is a streetrod that I could love...

...if I had the megabucks necessary. It's just super nice anywhere you look.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Yikes! That is right here in my neck of the woods. If anyone is really interested in it I would be happy to contact the seller and go look at it for you. Twist my arm.
    That is a very nice build and very different. I can't believe I have not seen this vehicle before. It must have just been finished, or the owner never takes it out.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I'm not a streetrod kind of a guy but this one I would park in my driveway any time. Looks like an extremely well done car. I have always had a soft spot for the delivery wagon and this one takes the cake! Thanks for posting.

Comment

That has a lot of WOW!!! factor. Love it.

Denny L

Comment

Nice craftsmanship. I would be proud to be seen in a car like that. Guess I should start playing the lottery, as my chances are good to win after 212 years.

Bob Miles
          Tucson AZ

Comment

Way cool. Fold away mirrors!!!! Always liked that yellow on a custom. Anyone got a guess as to the reserve?

Comment

What a unique and good looking car. The owner had quite a vision when he built this one. Happy it wasn't done to a rare Studebaker.

Comment

Interesting car... fortunately--for me--it's a color I detest. Otherwise, I might be tempted to explore it further. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Body work looks very good but the rest of the car is exceptional! I'd be drooling over that interior, especially the dash. The work underneath is that of an artist. Very well done.
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

No bad angles. I'd drive it.
                    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The Serial Number is for a Vernon (LA) CA built Champion (not a "Commander").
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

What about the battery bracket?

Seriously a very nice looking car!
                        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I wouldn't change a thing, except the mirrors.

wonder why, with all the great pictures, there is not a single one of the engine bay.
                          sigpic
                          Dave Lester

Comment

Maybe the V10 engine is still in the Viper.

Comment

I agree with Dave, those mirrors sure look odd and not in keeping with the body style. A pair of chrome bullet mirrors would fit the bill nicely.

I also would have left the front bumper on. I think it looks better and does serve a purpose.

Comment

Working...
                              X