• Show
Clear All

• Grill Brackets

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grill Bits.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	1748864

I'm missing some bits to assemble the grill on my 53. This rig was a 55, but I've been trying to collect pieces to make it a 53. I have 0502-32-2 but don't find 0502-26-2 nor 0502-31-2 Does anyone have a picture of what these things look like and where they might connect? While this picture is posted, how about that 1620-36? Or should I just fill the holes and have the hood repainted?
    Thanks
    Bill
    Attached Files
    http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
    sigpic

I have a picture of one of those brackets there is left and right, however I am not technically apt to send it on the forum, but I can send it via e-mail. I tried for an hour to follow all the prompts but got lost in the maze. I did get some formal directions on how to e-mail photos, but I will need further instructions on the forum. David

Comment

I think I may have some usable or repairable brackets soaking. It will be tomorrow before I can check. For W F Y or C K ?
      Last edited by Flashback; 10-19-2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Those front TRI-STARS (1620-36) are for early Studes only... and I would not want to rob one from someone that would need it for a correct restoration of an early '53 coupe. I would go with the big V and elongated 8 as used on the later cars.... or fill the holes. I do have a Tri-Star for the deck lid that I would part with (it needs re-plating), but no spare for the hood (but may have the later style for the hood... would have to dig for it to verify).

Comment

I would like to see an actual picture of what you're looking for.
          I have so many small parts here that I don't know what they are, I would be thrilled to find a home for them.

Dean.

Comment

Bill, is this for a C/K or sedan (your diagram shows sedan/wagon parts)? Those brackets and the hood star look similar but are totally different for fit between them.

I think I posted pix of those brackets once before when someone else was looking for some. Those would be 53 C/K ones though. I need to search my own old posts....

Jeff in ND

Comment

Check your PMs
              My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
              sigpic
              Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
              in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Yes, it matters if yours is a C/K or a W/F/Y/D.
                Your numbers are illustration numbers, not actual part numbers, which may help your search.

Name:	001.jpg
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	1700983

As far as the Tri-star, the one for the front is NLA at SI, though I believe they still have the "8" or the "S", and, while the "V" is available for later models, I don't believe the "8" or the "S" is.
                They do still list the Tri-star for the trunk lid.
                Last edited by rockne10; 10-20-2015, 05:27 PM.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

CK Hood treatment

Name:	53wallpaper01 a.jpg
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1700993Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1119.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1700994Click image for larger version

Name:	Lee-talbot-sam-chakries-1953-studebaker-pickup46.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1700995

My car is a CK. Here's three really pretty 53s with three different hood treatments. The question is which one should I use. The one on the left car is the cool tri star, but the one on the right is a pretty cool clean hood. I have one of the ornaments like on the turquoise car already, but I have holes in the hood for the tri star. I'm guessing if I had a vote, the clean hood would get the most votes. So the question is, can I find a tri star for a C/K, or should I have the holes in the hood filled and keep it clean.
                  Bill
                  http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
                  sigpic

Comment

If it's a C/K there's a part in your illustration that is not used in the C/K. Illustration # 0502-32-1 and 0502-32-2 are left and right brackets and are sedan only. The C/K illustration shows # 0502-33 (not in your illustration) that fits both left and right.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                    X