• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers at Sac Auto Show Cal Expo

Click image for larger version

Name:	WeInventedCool.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	1748843 Set up twelve Studebakers for the Sacramento Auto Show this weekend at Cal Expo. The club poster looks great outside the exposition building where our cars are displayed. I was one of the first to place my Stude so there were only 4 Studebakers in the room when I left. Hopefully someone got some pictures of all the cars and will post them on this thread.

Will be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If you live close by, come on out.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Here you go, these are nine of the 12, I will add the others later today. We think this is a pretty special deal. The Sacramento International Auto Show primarily features new cars and is a promotional opportunity for local dealers to show off their products. We were approached at a car show earlier in the year and personally invited to display our cars at the International Auto Show as a special feature. I was able to connect them with the SDC Communications folks and they used materials provided to make the banner that Jon posted a picture of. It is about 8 feet tall. They gave us an entire building just for our Studebakers. They are hoping to have us come back in future years. Karel Staple members will be there to talk Studebaker and share SDC materials with people who we may not normally interact with. A great opportunity, and it was free for us!

Last edited by Pat Dilling; 10-16-2015, 06:39 AM.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

A building full of Studebakers! Need a no fly zone overhead.
      Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
      jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Jon, I love that poster. Where did you get it?
        Pat, thanks for the terrific photos. What a wonderful display and examples of Studebakers. If that and the poster don't bring new people to the marque I don't know what will. Well done guys!
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

The poster was made by the International Auto Show from materials provided by the SDC folks.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Congratulations Pat & Jon. Very well done indeed!! This is one of the finest presentations of our brand I have seen in recent years and the best part is that it isn't a hot rod event but rather a NEW car show and event. I don't think you'll be competing with any Studebaker Dealers.
            Cheers, Bill

Comment

Love that M series with the teardrop rear fenders. Are the fenders from a Hudson?
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

A truly "special opportunity" indeed. Beautiful display of vintage Studebakers. Thanks for the pictures. I must agree with RadioRoy about that M5. It's eye candy! Nicely executed. Who owns that beauty?

Comment

The M5 belongs to Karel Staple member Steve Van Norman. The rear fenders are from a '47 Cadillac. He found them at a swap meet and then went looking for a vehicle to put them on. The bed is made mostly from a Studebaker 2R series truck. It has a 2004 Chevy truck 5.3 engine and overdrive automatic for power.

Here are the remaining 3 vehicles at the show.

Along with our banner

Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Great job Jon and Pat!

It's telling that about half of these exceptional Studebakers are modified. That would not have been the case if this event was 20 years ago. Says something about the future of Studebakering.

I agree with Roy about the M truck. The bed and fenders are just right!
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I thought it was important that the cars with non Studebaker motors leave the hoods down. We weren't celebrating the individual cars but were representing Studebaker. I thought that was best accomplished by showing off the beautiful styling of our cars.

It was fun talking with the visitors. I had no problem convincing them that Studebaker did indeed invent cool. We have some great cars in our club and I am proud to be a part of this tremendous opportunity. I love the fact that most SDC members appreciate modified cars. I was able to share that fact with the visitors and the posts on this thread verify my comments. The display will be there for two more days.

Hats off to Pat Dilling for making this happen.
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Dang! Wish I brought one of mine.
                        Lou Van Anne
                        62 Champ
                        64 R2 GT Hawk
                        79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                          Wish you had too. Your cars are all Primo...
                          Jon Stalnaker
                          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                            Bring it up in the morning, We'll sneak it, we got room. LOL

Pat
                            Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Hats of to you guys for putting on such a beautiful display of Studebakers. Surely was a great PR project. Oh, and I too am blown away by that M-Cab. Of course there isn't one of the cars/trucks on display that is not a beauty. Congrats!
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                              X