56 GH Tail Light Lense ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 GH Tail Light Lense ?

Did the '56 GH's have tail light lenses and housing unique to that year/model? I was casting about looking for a set of 56 GH lenses, and they SEEM to be unique... And while I'm at it, what are those "V" shaped side trim pieces that are at the front of the fins called?... I believe I'm makeing a pest out of myself, with all these questions...

The lenses are the same on all 56 Hawks. The Golden Hawk tail light housing is different in that it is notched where it bolts against the body to clear the addition of the fiberglass fins. Usually the "V" is called a check mark.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Tony, you are NOT making a pest of yourself! At least I hope you're not, because if YOU are, then I am, too!
      Mike Davis
      1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Bez is correct and there is a left notch and a right notch, just to make things (ahem) interesting. I hope I am not making a pest of myself either in answering posts or making new posts.

Bob Miles
        Tucson AZ

Comment

UPDATE - The lenses were "stored" in socks, as were a number of other parts, to keep them from getting scratched and dinged...

Comment

Working...
          X