Keeping My Fingers Crossed...THIS Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping My Fingers Crossed...THIS Time

Just put in an offer, AGAIN, on the '56 GH in the previous "Interesting 56 Golden Hawk" Post...the one I was negotiating for, then got ignored... Evidently the Seller had another buyer on the line, but it didn't sell. Wish me luck...

I hope it works out for you. those are beautiful cars when put right.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I have wanted a GH since High School. I graduated in '61...

Comment

The deal is done! Now to line up the Carrier, and dig up the few items I need...

Comment

While in transit, if the car needs a "layover" in the Midwest...I got a temporary place for it.

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
            The deal is done! Now to line up the Carrier, and dig up the few items I need...
            Congrats! The 56's are my favorite Hawks and a GH is icing on the cake.

I know how you feel.. I bought a '52 pickup a week ago from an SDCer in Ontario, and I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting on the transport company to pick it up and bring it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              Ditto. That will be a beauty when it's restored. If I had Jay Leno's money, I'd want a 53 hardtop and a 56 Golden Hawk.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post

I know how you feel.. I bought a '52 pickup a week ago from an SDCer in Ontario, and I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting on the transport company to pick it up and bring it to me.
                Is that Ontario, California or Ontario, Canada?
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post

Is that Ontario, California or Ontario, Canada?
                  Canada. About 40 miles from Buffalo, NY so I'm told.

Comment

Well...it looks like the Title isn't so clear AFTER all! Looks like this one might not work EITHER!...

Comment

Wow I feel your pain. There are several posts on the forum for title problems. If I can help in anyway, let me know. I went through several frustration myself trying to first title my 1955 Speedster then finding the parts car I need to really put this car back together. I also went through some rough patches personally at the same time. As Bob Palma told me "chin up" and things have improved on all fronts. So having been there done that let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Bob Miles
                      Tucson AZ

Comment

I guess all I need to know is if I can get a Florida Title with just a Bill of Sale. Have to check with the DMV...

Comment

I guess all I need to know is if I can get a Florida Title with just a Bill of Sale. Have to check with the DMV...
                          If you search this Forum, I believe that you will find that others have not been able to get a Florida title for Studebakers from out of state with just a bill of sale (recently).
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Looks like someone squeezed air conditioning into the engine compartment....and it looks like a factory setup.....A/C wasn't offered on '56 Goldens..was it?

Comment

You can, but only if a current registration comes with the bill of sale, and it's from a "no title" state. Best to call your local DMV.. And make note of exactly who you speak with in case they tell you something different later!

Comment

Working...
                              X