Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody in the Marketing Dept. was a wise guy in '62! Lark convert film for dealers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody in the Marketing Dept. was a wise guy in '62! Lark convert film for dealers...

...including the word "sexy" (I didn't know it had been invented by then!) and a driver in a bathing suit and later, high heels! I don't think this one would have translated into a commercial very well...LOL

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Pre-production example? Regal side trim so the Daytona wasn't even visible at that point, and I do not think they had a Deluxe convertible - Regals had black faced gauges.

Comment

Nice video, Bill; thanks.

I'm trying to figure out where that gorgeous wooden boat (Correct Craft? Chris-Craft? Hacker?) is registered, to get a clue as to where that was taken. The first two digits on the boat's registration should be letters, and they are.

They appear to be MC. But MC doesn't translate into any state, like MI for Michigan or IN for Indiana. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
        Pre-production example? Regal side trim so the Daytona wasn't even visible at that point, and I do not think they had a Deluxe convertible - Regals had black faced gauges.
        That appears to be a '61 gauge cluster as the idiot lights are round, not rectangular.

Craig

Comment

Actually for boats MC is indeed Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            That appears to be a '61 gauge cluster as the idiot lights are round, not rectangular.Craig
            They COULD be 1961, but Deluxe 1962, White with round idiot lights were the same as all 1961's.

The rectangular Lights came about or exactly the same time as the Full-Flow '62 Engines did.

Of course they are still just prototypes, because a Regal or a Daytona would be Black faced.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 10-09-2015, 08:59 AM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Michidan View Post
              Actually for boats MC is indeed Michigan
              Excellent, Dan; thanks for the confirmation.

I believe the two-digit prefixes for boat registrations came about before the ZIP code two-digit state identifiers, so it stands to reason that boat registration and street address two-letter abbreviations might be different.

It also stands to reason that this promo video would have been shot in or near Michigan, given Studebaker's proximity to MC...or MI! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Two beauties!
                sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I would think the lake or pond where it was shot might be fairly easy to recognize given the narrow inlet/outlet and the likely proximity to So. Bend.

I wonder where the boat went after he dropped the woman off, he appeared to hit the gas so it must have gone somewhere?
                  Dan Peterson
                  Montpelier, VT
                  1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                  1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by dpson View Post
                    I would think the lake or pond where it was shot might be fairly easy to recognize given the narrow inlet/outlet and the likely proximity to So. Bend.

I wonder where the boat went after he dropped the woman off, he appeared to hit the gas so it must have gone somewhere?
                    You'd have to know the area fairly well to identify that body of water, Dan; there are many lakes in that region! BP

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      They COULD be 1961, but Deluxe 1962, White with round idiot lights were the same as all 1961's.

The rectangular Lights came about or exactly the same time as the Full-Flow '62 Engines did.

Of course they are still just prototypes, because a Regal or a Daytona would be Black faced.
                      You're right, Rich!

The first Post shows two different factory photos of '62's with white gauges; one with round idiot lights and the other with rectangular ones. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...white-vs-black

Craig

Comment

Working...
                      X