1964 GT Barn find.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 GT Barn find.........

Many7 of you saw the "Barn Find" form Indianapolis in the last week under the "62-64 GT pics and barn find thread. Here is a picture of the car in the barn and then after we got her home and a quick wash. Thanks to Father Joe for his help to make this project happen. She does not have a name yet, but the goal is to have a DRIVER to SB in 2017 and a show car shortly there after.........

as we first saw her

Today after a bath just soap and water......

More later but this "LADY" is going to be fun!
    It is an addiction!

What shape is the frame in? This looks like a sweet car. Is it complete?
    james r pepper

Comment

She cleaned up well... Looks like I need to add South Bend '17 to the schedule.

Excited to see what you do with this one. Hopefully Ellenore won't get jealous.

Comment

So far "WOW"
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

jpepper:

We lifted the car on jack stands an inspected the frame before the purchase today, I can still see the paint on the frame! From information in the car it was sold at the Auburn Indiana auction in 1984 and has been under the previous owner since that time. Yes it is a true Super Hawk. Our next step is to extract the engine and tranny for both to be rebuilt. EVERY part on this car will need a NOS or rebuild. the years in a barn with a dirt floor was not kind. If it is electrical....... it is going to be new. Fuel lines, brake lines, shocks, exhaust.......

WE have a plan.
          It is an addiction!

Comment

Matt???????????? You still do some stainless work? Al so may need some floor/ trunk panels but not that far yet....... I need to find the engine first under the leaf debi.........lol

Jerry Forester, I need to get with you on chrome...... pm me/call me
            It is an addiction!

Comment

Bottom line folks, if you have excellent or NOS 1964 GT Hawk parts I need/want them. PM me or email to jbwhttail@aol.com Lets make a deal!
              It is an addiction!

Comment

Number ONE on the Restoration to do list, get rid of those Front Bumper Guards, and white it out on the copy of the Production Order!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Another example of what can happen to a nice car when it falls into the wrong hands.

Thankfully, it has a good home now!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                    Another example of what can happen to a nice car when it falls into the wrong hands.

Thankfully, it has a good home now!
                    It was stored indoors and not out in a field. I don't think I'd say it was in the "wrong hands".

Joe I sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      Number ONE on the Restoration to do list, get rid of those Front Bumper Guards, and white it out on the copy of the Production Order!
                      Please recognize that the presence of bumper guards may be someone's personal opinion. Personally, I like them.

Comment

A gas powered leaf blower could make quick work of the engine compartment. The car looks really nice after just a wash job. Sure doesn't look like it needs a complete teardown.

Comment

'Looking really good, Joe. Are you purposely withholding the Serial Number? It's pretty cool, as we discussed.

Stilesville IN bound for the same shop that did your '56? And you know the shop in Hagerstown can polish stainless steel, too...and they may be moving to Indianapolis; check with Hudson-nut Larry Kennedy.

This is all great news; all the best. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

No Bob I am not withholding the serial number it is 64V-1083, any information on the car you want to share is greatly appreciated.
                            It is an addiction!

Comment

Nice car . How did the interior survive. Any mousies?

Comment

Working...
                              X