Studebeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebeer

Actually, it's Barley Wine, and if you haven't tried it before, it is good, but distinctive and possibly an acquired taste. I saw a reference to this brewery's product that has an M Series stake truck on its label. I tried some and I think it's good but for me it's something I prefer to drink with food and not straight up like beer. It's the first product in their list of brews they make:

Very cool! Barley wines are an occasional sip,
    This company also makes a black IPA that most brewers will tell you is a no no.
    I'd like to have one just to keep for looking at.

Dean.
    Last edited by dean pearson; 09-28-2015, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Another craft brewer that has a niche in the market? We've been to Moosejaw Brewery in Wisconsin Dells that has the Kilbourn Hop Ale with the C-cab truck on it's packaging. I like the packaging much better than the brew. They do not sell beyond the state of Wisconsin, so if you want to try it, you'll have to take a trip to the Dells. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bill van alstyne View Post
        Another craft brewer that has a niche in the market? We've been to Moosejaw Brewery in Wisconsin Dells that has the Kilbourn Hop Ale with the C-cab truck on it's packaging. I like the packaging much better than the brew. They do not sell beyond the state of Wisconsin, so if you want to try it, you'll have to take a trip to the Dells. Bill
        I remember reading about that product. I think if I'd been a National Attendee from Wisconsin, it might have been worth bringing a couple of cases with me to sell to folks at the National Meet. Strictly for souvenir purposes, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
          Very cool! Barley wines are an occasional sip,
          This company also makes a black IPA that most brewers will tell you is a no no.
          I'd like to have one just to keep for looking at.

Dean.
          I'm not sure what your liquor retail options are. I was able to find it at a Total Wine Store in Reno. There are several places in town that sell Uinta products, but I don't know how many likely carried the Barley Wine. Possibly some of the higher end bars that were listed. On the Uinta page, there is a store locator function.

Comment

Working...
          X