Help ID my carburetor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID my carburetor.

I'd like to identify my carburetor so I can find a rebuild kit.
    What is it?
    Where are you guys getting good rebuild kits?
    Car: commander
    Engine: 256

I'm pretty sure it says Stromberg WW on top of it. There sould be a model number somewhere that will say something like 6-112F, -113, -115A,-116, -117B, C or something.
    I dont know which year of Commander you have but see the link and find your model number listed under "Studebaker 8 Cylinder Cars"

Also, check this link:
    Last edited by Bradford; 09-26-2015, 01:58 AM.

Comment

jeremiah,
      Why not join the Studebaker Drivers Club and save yourself a crapload of headaches?
      Last edited by rockne10; 09-26-2015, 08:08 PM.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The numbers can usually be found on the left back side of the carb. Rebuild kits are available from Studebaker International. They are of exceptional quality in my experience. They have an online site. I prefer to order by phone. Good luck and join the club!

Comment

Stromberg Model WW Carbs. are stamped on the flat part of Top Half, right next to the Fuel Inlet, probably right under that Tag that may also contain the 6-112 to 6-117 Sub Model Number.

But it really does not matter anyway the parts in the repair kit do not change from year to year, most all WW's get the same kit available at Studebaker Venders at: http://studebakervendors.com which all SDC Members know.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X