New Jay Leno show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jay Leno show

I just saw a promo for the new Jay Leno's Garage on MSNBC. In it was a brief shot of the open hood of a 58 Hawk. It's scheduled to be on the air October 7th at 10 pm. If and when he features the Hawk I don't know but his show that's been on Youtube for the past few years has been entertaining.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

I have watched many episodes of Jay Leno's Garage on youtube and have never seen him feature a Studebaker .. I was almost thinking he didn't like Studebakers but I still watched as it is a great watch ..
    He has had Dennis Gage on and I know Dennis is a big Studebaker fan .. So I have been hoping he would incorporate a Studebaker in an episode eventually ..
    Love my Lark

Comment

Thanks Warren, I'll look out for it.

Comment

Jay did visit the Studebaker National Museum earlier this year and he did a Jay Leno's Garage episode on the Excalibur Hawk, which started out as a Studebaker, so I have been expecting to see him feature Studebaker sometime soon.
        I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

My guide goes that far and not showing any Jay Leno Show. Appreciate any updates...Mike
          Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
          Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Looking forward to Jay's T.V. show. Thanks for the info.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Please note the new show is on CNBC.
              Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
              Fort Worth, TX

Comment

My guide updated (Directv channel 355) showing it will be on CNBC at 7 pm (pacific) & repeating at 10 pm on Wednesday 10/7/15. I set it to record just in case.
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Who saw it tonight? What I thought was a 58 Hawk turned out to be a 57 that was appraised by a licensed appraiser. In all fairness to me it had a 58 grille emblem on it! The Hawk was compared to a 65 Rambler Marlin & a Mercury Cyclone CJ & the question was which one would appreciate the most in the next 5 years.
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

The grille emblem made me think it was a 58 also. Did anyone else notice that the quick shot of the dash looked like the wrong car?
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

The grille emblem, front side grilles, and different top of fender lights tells me it is a 58. saw part of the show but have it recorded so will watch it in full later.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Howdy, Saw the TV show. The CNBC show is different that his "Jay Leno's Garage" found on the web.
                        Yes I believe it was a '58 GH. At first I thought maybe someone included the round '58 grille emblem. Then noticed the die cast side grilles.
                        It was hard to see and I wasn't recording it to use pause, but the turn signals also had the the little "wings" on them. Just no close up shots.

Only a Stude person would see the difference between '57 & '58 Hawk. And the '58 is more rare. That is probably why they called in a '57.
                        I'm just glad Studebaker got some national coverage. I think the days of us finding a "cheap" Studebaker may be a thing of the past. However, compared to GM, Ford & Chrysler, we are still reasonable. Just not as reasonable as we once were. That is why I am sticking with Larks.

There were some other errors. They called the Marlin an AMC Marlin, but in 1965 it was still under the Rambler brand. In '66 & '67 they moved it to AMC.
                        The text I think said '65 AMC Rambler Marlin, so I'm probably just being picky.

I always like watching Jay's features (including My Classic Car). He does try to inform his audience & knows so much info (tech & history) on the cars he owns. Plus, he doesn't talk down to his audience.
                        I look forward to his next show.

Keeping Studes alive....
                        Stude-Preferred

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                          The grille emblem, front side grilles, and different top of fender lights tells me it is a 58. saw part of the show but have it recorded so will watch it in full later.
                          When you play the show, maybe you could freeze the frame at that moment where they show a dash and tell me if I was mistaken. It is a very quick shot at the end.
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

The dash shown at the end of the Hawk discussion was not a Hawk dash.
                            Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO

Comment

Now that the show has been on TV, is there someplace that has the full show archived where we can stream it online? I don't get cable or pay TV, and hoping that there is an alternate place to watch the show.
                              Lew Schucart
                              Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X