Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vendors - What Cores Are You Looking For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendors - What Cores Are You Looking For?

Searched the forum, but didn't find much info......

Vendors, what cores are you currently looking for/buying, if anything?

Over the last 30 years, I've squirreled away about all the rebuildable/remanufacturable parts removed during maintenance or parting out of vehicles. The pile has gotten pretty big, and it's time to whittle it down.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

SI states in their catalog that they are buying HydroVac cores at $50/each IF REBUILDABLE.

Paul
    I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
    1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Shrock Brothers are buying steering wheel cores for models they offer at $25-$35 depending on model.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I contacted SI and they only buy the hydro vac core if you buy a new one from them.

Comment

I would be interested in any 53-54 ck chrome parts, bumpers, license plate frame on rear bumper,grilles and most hawk chrome parts.Thank You,Don
          724-651-9320

Comment

1953 Interior door trim
            I need the interior door trim for a 53 hardtop..........
            I prefer the Champion trim with the swoop oh the front door.
            Thanks
            Jack

Originally posted by r1lark View Post

Over the last 30 years, I've squirreled away about all the rebuildable/remanufacturable parts removed during maintenance or parting out of vehicles. The pile has gotten pretty big, and it's time to whittle it down.
            Jack White
            Charlotte,NC
            North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Phil Harris @ Fairborn Studebaker needs V8 cam cores, but as is the case with most cores, shipping kills any profit for everyone.

Jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

need 54 c/k tail light bezels, & 53-4 grill bezels, 53 grill bars

Comment

Hmmm......sounds like master cylinders, brake shoes, wheel cylinders, water pumps, etc are scrap items?

How about Bendix/Dunlop disc brake parts, including the pistons/cylinders?
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I have to admit I was just thinking about scrapping my boxes of #176 brake shoe cores (10" X 2") and a couple of large boxes of V-8 water pump cores. These parts are available new so cores are unnecessary.
                    Power Brake Booster Exchange (Booster Dewey) in Portland, OR will buy Studebaker Avanti/Lark disc brake MasterVac cores.

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post

Brake shoes (not pitted, bent or severly rusted)
                      Clutch discs
                      Clutch covers
                      Carburetors
                      Starters
                      Generators
                      Alternators (especially Avanti type)
                      Power Steering cylinders/rams

Any of these items that are not damaged and are suitable to be rebuilt.
                      Bo

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                        Phil Harris @ Fairborn Studebaker needs V8 cam cores, but as is the case with most cores, shipping kills any profit for everyone.

Jack vines
                        Last year at Reedsville Phil was also buying V-8 bell housings for standard shift, provided there is no damage.
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                        X