Lets See Some Lark Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets See Some Lark Pictures

I thoroughly enjoy seeing pictures of other people's Larks and getting ideas from them on how I want mine to look.
    I'll post a few of my more favorite Larks (not mine)
    I own a 61 Lark VIII 2 door sedan that I am looking to restore/modify.
    I will keep it all Studebaker but with some modern touches.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bradford; 09-18-2015, 02:26 AM.

Start here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...!-Let-s-see-em!

Craig

Comment

Here's mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6477.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	1700380Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6478.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	1700381

Comment

I love it!
        Originally posted by wwogg View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]47525[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47526[/ATTACH]

Comment

Here are a few of mine:

'64 Daytona hardtop with 259/4-speed

Name:	'64 Daytona 03-2010 pic2.jpg
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	1700382

'64 Challenger V8

Name:	Challenger on Rotissere 6.jpg
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1700383

'63 Daytona hardtop R1/Powershift

Name:	Skytop at Mocksville 2009.jpg
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	1700384
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I bet that Daytona with a 4 speed is awesome.

Comment

Here's one I no longer have. Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0176.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	1700388
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

You know...a few of them have 4 Doors.

I wonder if one needs to own one to fully comprehend and appreciate how they "win" your heart? I have one out in the shed. It is a frumpy four door V8 automatic. It is not a Regal, but does have split recliner front seats. If memory serves me right, it once belonged to the late Ed Ford, who passed away in the 1970's. The little car survived his daughter's high school years and subsequent years of being passed about by family members who didn't appreciate it as much as Ed.

Sometime around the fall of 1984, someone stopped by my home and told me that, at a yard sale, they saw a Lark. When they inquired, the lady holding the yard sale said she would sell it, but doubted anyone would want it. It was only about seven miles up the road from me. Sure 'nuff, after finding the home, there sat the forlorn Lark, almost hidden under the big pile of oak leaves from the huge tree under which it had been sitting. After a little bit of conversation, I realized that the "little old lady" (to me) , was Ed's daughter. I bought the car. After a bit of tinkering, I, (surprisingly to the family) got the car running, and drove it home.

The pic above was taken a few years ago. I had pulled it from its retirement stall in the barn, patched the brakes, hosed off the cat tracks, lubricated it, petted it for a day or two, and returned it to its place of rest. I should find it a new home, but... have not found the courage to "let it go."

Like a lot of us,(over 50 years old), with a little fawning attention, a bit of mechanical medicine, cosmetic enhancements (including a headliner), this little bird could proudly fly again.

John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Here is one I owned for a short time and sold to someone in Los Angeles. Wish I still had it. It was a great car.

Name:	DSCN0087.jpg
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	1700389
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I currently have a '63 Daytona and a '59 Lark VI.
                    Also shown are a '62, '59, 63 that I used to own and the first Studebaker I ever had, a rusty '62 Lark that I learned to drive in a field when I was 9 years old.
                    Attached Files
                    Steve Grant
                    madd_doodler@yahoo.com
                    a.k.a. the Madd Doodler
                    www.madddoodler.com
                    Kinzua Region Chapter
                    1881 Grain Wagon
                    Late 1800s Spindle Seat Buggy
                    1955 Conestoga
                    1959 Lark 2 dr sdn

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                      You know...a few of them have 4 Doors.

I wonder if one needs to own one to fully comprehend and appreciate how they "win" your heart? I have one out in the shed. It is a frumpy four door V8 automatic. It is not a Regal, but does have split recliner front seats. If memory serves me right, it once belonged to the late Ed Ford, who passed away in the 1970's. The little car survived his daughter's high school years and subsequent years of being passed about by family members who didn't appreciate it as much as Ed.

Sometime around the fall of 1984, someone stopped by my home and told me that, at a yard sale, they saw a Lark. When they inquired, the lady holding the yard sale said she would sell it, but doubted anyone would want it. It was only about seven miles up the road from me. Sure 'nuff, after finding the home, there sat the forlorn Lark, almost hidden under the big pile of oak leaves from the huge tree under which it had been sitting. After a little bit of conversation, I realized that the "little old lady" (to me) , was Ed's daughter. I bought the car. After a bit of tinkering, I, (surprisingly to the family) got the car running, and drove it home.

The pic above was taken a few years ago. I had pulled it from its retirement stall in the barn, patched the brakes, hosed off the cat tracks, lubricated it, petted it for a day or two, and returned it to its place of rest. I should find it a new home, but... have not found the courage to "let it go."

Like a lot of us,(over 50 years old), with a little fawning attention, a bit of mechanical medicine, cosmetic enhancements (including a headliner), this little bird could proudly fly again.

That's an awesome story. My first car was a 61 Lark VI 2 door and I bought it out of a wood yard in Texas for 600 bucks. It was a raggedy old thing with holes in the floors. We got it running in the wood yard and drove it home. I worked on it for a year until I turned 16 and it was fire engine red with chrome wheels and tinted windows.
                      I sold it to someone when I was 18 and joined the Army 2 years later and wanted it back. I searched for it for about 5 years and ended up finding an old man that hoards Studebakers on his land. I tried to buy it off of him but he refused to sell it. I tried every year I went home for the past 11 years and now its worse off than when I found it in the wood yard. The front end is apart, the engine is apart, its up on blocks and rusted out.
                      I gave up on it. 21 years later, I'm surfing the internet here in Afghanistan and found a guy in Arkansas selling a RED 61 2 door V8 Auto and I had to get it. I had my brother drive from Texas to Arknasas last month to pick it up. Now, Im just sitting here waiting to get my hands on it so it can be the little badass car my other one was...but with a little more muscle. I cant wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Bradford View Post
                        That's an awesome story.
                        That's just a tiny bit of the story of that Lark. Not long after getting it, I pulled the engine and overhauled it in my back yard. For several years, as the owner of my own Independent Sales Rep. Company, it was my main company car. I installed air conditioning and covered three states with it for several years. I have pictures of my daughter and I attending bowl games in it in Florida. After joining another firm and realizing that not everyone appreciates "vintage cars," as I do...I retired it as my main car and bought more contemporary transportation. However, on occasion where it served to my advantage, I would pull it or another one of my Studebakers out and drive them to a customer's location. Some of my best accounts came from doors opened by the conversations made possible from showing up in a vintage vehicle.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Ryan, if you are thinking of two-Toning a '61 Lark 2 Door Sedan, that gets a bit tricky because of the Body Side Moulding going away from the Body Line, but we did see a Pic of one the other day that kinda worked.

Name:	Black and Silver2.jpg
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1700396 Click image for larger version

Name:	Black and Silver1.jpg
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1700397 Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue White 4 Dr..JPG
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1700398
                          Last edited by StudeRich; 09-18-2015, 11:30 AM.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            Ryan, if you thinking of two-Toning a '61 Lark 2 Door Sedan, that gets a bit tricky because of the Body Side Moulding going away from the Body Line, but did see one the other day that kinda worked.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47541[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]47542[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]47543[/ATTACH]
                            Yeah I saw that one too. Im actually thinking about taking that trim off though. I like the downward pointing eyebrows but I cant take my eyes off the trim that doesnt follow the body lines. I wish it has 59/60 trim with the 61 eyebrows.

Comment

Here is what Im thinking of doing. Taking the trim off and making the paint satin black then making it gloss black above the body lines. https://youtu.be/9boKQFcQz6M

Comment

Working...
                              X