Around the USA in a Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the USA in a Studebaker

The goal: Drive a Studebaker in 49 states — 13 down, 36 to go.Dixon resident Jon Stalnaker Sr. and his wife Carlene took to the road early Aug. 14 to attend the Studebaker Drivers Club&#x201…

Very interesting story about Jon and Carlene. It got e to wondering how many states I have driven a Studebaker in. I got he Atlas out and as best I can remember, I have driven either a Stock Studebaker or an Avantti II in 12 states. Maybe I'll add this to my Bucket List.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

I'm waiting on Carl Purdy to weigh in - he's driven to a bunch of states in his Studebakers.
      BTW, good job, Jon!
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

To me, articles like this one, about a Studebaker that is actually being driven, highlight one important reason why the Studebaker DRIVERS club was founded!
        Last edited by SN-60; 09-06-2015, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks Chris. My wife has been counting. She came up with 21 states. Of course this has been since 1985. One time we was at Mammoth Cave in Ky. a guy in the parking lot came over and said he didn't know me but he knew the car. He saw it in Knoxville, Tn. last year. And it is also a 51.

Comment

We have seen Carl & his navigator in many states... Always with a Studebaker and always with big smiles on their faces. True Studebaker "Drivers"!

Comment

Went through my map book and counted 26. many to international meets and most in my 37 sdn. Jerry Kurtz

Comment

Imagen owning a drivable Studebaker & not driving it even thou you can as if Studebakers weren't at all made for driving...
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8467.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	1700172
                Just a boooring thought.

Comment

Best I can count, its been 35 states for me.

Comment

This is a great article. As what was said above this is the kind of publicity we really need, as we are the Studebaker Drivers Club.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                    X