This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MADE IT HOME!

Left Omaha at 9 this morning, rolled into the driveway at 5PM. Spent a great 8 hours on the road, the truck perfomed flawlessly! Guess I finally got all of the bugs out of the fellow, if not off of him. He looks like a truck that just pulled a car 500 miles. Bugs... badges of honor!

I have several pictures saved to a disk, but am still using the laptop, so have no way to put them online yet. I took the shop computer to the shop before I left for Omaha, and it is the one with FrontPage on it. Rather than install the program on this 'puter, reckon I'll wait to get the other one back.

Saw many great cars, and met and re-met many wonderful people, most of which I need to thank for one thing or another. THANKS!

Lots of work, lots of fun. Went to the drag strip for the third time in my life, had a ball! Maybe next time, I'll get that "reaction time" thing figured out.

Life just doesn't get any better than a Stude meet! [8D]

sigpic
    Dave Lester

Great to meet you Dave , maybe we can have a go at each other on the dragstrip next year,did not happen this time because of your battery issues.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Great to meet you Dave , maybe we can have a go at each other on the dragstrip next year,did not happen this time because of your battery issues.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

I also made it home safe and tired to the bone.
        Put over 2600 miles on the 62 Gt without any trouble, except for running out of gas a few miles from Studedude house. Dave to the resuse.
        This is a quote from Dave in 05.
        "Remember, trouble is trouble when it is happening, once it as passed, it was adventure!"
        I believe Dave has an adventure to tell.
        Great trip, and very nice group of people. Met some new ones and renewed old ones, What a place
        Ebon...

Ebon...
        [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/logo2-3.jpg [/img]

Comment

Put over 2600 miles on the 62 Gt without any trouble, except for running out of gas a few miles from Studedude house. Dave to the resuse.
          This is a quote from Dave in 05.
          "Remember, trouble is trouble when it is happening, once it as passed, it was adventure!"
          I believe Dave has an adventure to tell.
          Great trip, and very nice group of people. Met some new ones and renewed old ones, What a place
          Ebon...

Ebon...

Comment

Hey Ebon did Milton do ok on the return trip?
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Hey Ebon did Milton do ok on the return trip?
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

A great time for sure . As Dave has said "it's much more about the people than about the cars". So true.

I was kind of (kind of) honored when Ted Harbit ate my lunch driving Franks beautiful R2 powered Champion (can you believe he had the nerve to cut a .045 light against my poor little Chevy powered Stude?...actually, John Force would kill for such a reaction time, but Ted is generally gone less than 5 one hundreds of a second after the light turns green [:0]...Based on my reaction time, I must have been busy trying to find a soft rock station on the radio when Ted left on me )

...but quite unhappy with both Dave and Frank, for also cleaning my clock at the drag strip [xx(]. (and I thought they were friends [V])

Much fun at the drags! Thanks for organizing that, Frank, and for all your work to make the concours so successful.

We're in Laramie, WY, tonight. Probably Twin Falls, ID, tomorrow night. We'll get Jim home in Eastern Washington Monday night...and I'll be home by noon on Tuesday with any luck.

A fantastic week!

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

A great time for sure . As Dave has said "it's much more about the people than about the cars". So true.

I was kind of (kind of) honored when Ted Harbit ate my lunch driving Franks beautiful R2 powered Champion (can you believe he had the nerve to cut a .045 light against my poor little Chevy powered Stude?...actually, John Force would kill for such a reaction time, but Ted is generally gone less than 5 one hundreds of a second after the light turns green [:0]...Based on my reaction time, I must have been busy trying to find a soft rock station on the radio when Ted left on me )

...but quite unhappy with both Dave and Frank, for also cleaning my clock at the drag strip [xx(]. (and I thought they were friends [V])

Much fun at the drags! Thanks for organizing that, Frank, and for all your work to make the concours so successful.

We're in Laramie, WY, tonight. Probably Twin Falls, ID, tomorrow night. We'll get Jim home in Eastern Washington Monday night...and I'll be home by noon on Tuesday with any luck.

A fantastic week!

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yep, Dad did great. I was a little worried when we left, didn't know how well he would travel. He even push me to go farther Friday night on the way back. He's a trooper.
                    Ebon...

Ebon...

Comment

Yep, Dad did great. I was a little worried when we left, didn't know how well he would travel. He even push me to go farther Friday night on the way back. He's a trooper.
                      Ebon...

Ebon...

Comment

Yeah Dave I was also having problems with the 41, it was getting a little too warm making all those runs. Dick did ok too for the rear gear he runs (3.07?) Don't know what was wrong with Micheal Meyer's 63 Avanti R-3, I should not have been able to clean his clock.Anybody hear anything about that? Enjoyed meeting you guys ( all of you) and once again thanks for all the compliments, that made it all worthwhile. This meet was 3 years in the making. Bob Palma on the way back from the track separated Ted's and my time slips and in the next few days I will post them so we can all see his reaction times and 60' times. Might have to look around for a 4.56 gear for next year. Think I could get well into the 13's in the quarter.
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Yeah Dave I was also having problems with the 41, it was getting a little too warm making all those runs. Dick did ok too for the rear gear he runs (3.07?) Don't know what was wrong with Micheal Meyer's 63 Avanti R-3, I should not have been able to clean his clock.Anybody hear anything about that? Enjoyed meeting you guys ( all of you) and once again thanks for all the compliments, that made it all worthwhile. This meet was 3 years in the making. Bob Palma on the way back from the track separated Ted's and my time slips and in the next few days I will post them so we can all see his reaction times and 60' times. Might have to look around for a 4.56 gear for next year. Think I could get well into the 13's in the quarter.
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

quote:Originally posted by railway

It was neat seeing you again, last time was a while back.

Bill

Proud owner of the Hawk from Hell

Comment

quote:Originally posted by railway

It was neat seeing you again, last time was a while back.

Bill

Proud owner of the Hawk from Hell

Comment

Working...
                              X