Windshield wiper knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield wiper knob

DOES ANYONE HAPPEN TO HAVE A WINDSHIELD WIPER KNOB FOR MY 55 COMMANDER HARDTOP OR KNOW WHERE i COULD GET ONE? i WENT TO TURN ON MY WIPERS TODAY AND THE PLASTIC KNOB KIND OF DISINTEGRATED IN MY HAND. lOOKS LIKE IT HAD BEEN REPAIRED BEFORE. SOLUTIONS CAME UP FROM TWO YOUNG NEPHEWS RIDING WITH ME--10 YR OLD SAYS "UNCLE BUD IF YOU HAD A RAW CARROT YOU COULD JUST JAM THE END ON THERE AND IT WOULD WORK". No, says the 8 yr old one of those little round potatoes would work better! I really would like a real one if possible. THANKS.....BUD Sorry, didn't mean to yell, had my caps key on by accident.

A radio knob of the same era will work in the mean time. Just be sure it doesn't scratch the dash.
    When I first had my 54 Coupe on the road, I looked for years for a nice one. About 15 years later they started coming out of the woodwork. I kept about a dozen of them in my possession for years. I would give them away to guys who were missing theirs. I ran into a guy one time who was driving a nice red 50 sedan. We talked for a while through his window when I noticed his wiper switch was missing. I told him, "Just a second." Went to the ash tray of my Coupe and returned with a nice gray switch knob for his dash. He was ecstatic. Life's simple pleasures, I guess. But, sorry, those are long gone now.
    sals54

Comment

Sal ,I guess what really counts in the way of knobs for you now, are ones for a special lowered roof station wagon! THANKS,,,,,BUD P.S. It looks great

Comment

Reproduction ones are available in a few different colors. If you get stuck, we have black and red in stock.

Chris.

Comment

I have never liked the placement of the wiper switch. It appears (to me) as an afterthought and not integrated with the rest of the dash. When I was refurbishing the dash in my '53 Commander, I removed the wiper switch and filled the hole. I am now using the previously unused (in my car) fog light position with a toggle switch for the wipers.
          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
          '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Originally posted by kaley200 View Post
            DOES ANYONE HAPPEN TO HAVE A WINDSHIELD WIPER KNOB FOR MY 55 COMMANDER HARDTOP OR KNOW WHERE i COULD GET ONE?/Cut/
            As always, all of your Studebaker Parts needs are here:

StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I needed one for My M series, kept slipping off, put a c clip on shaft and so far ,so good. Had no luck finding a chrome one like came on the truck
              Randy Wilkin
              1946 M5 Streetrod
              Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Really? Trucks came with chrome ones? I have a gray repopped one, but found a chrome one and stuck it on there 'cause I likes it. Always felt guilty because I thought it was a brand X part...but it's for a Studebaker truck? I feel better now
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Didn't Trucks have Round Black Plastic knobs instead of the unique Tear Drop Shaped Stude. only type?

Chrome or Plastic, those would not be nearly as Cool as the Car type.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Don't know what they came with, but when I got My $99 M16 ,it had the chrome knob on the wipers! Didn't look at original picture before I posted it, sun visor hid it!
                    Attached Files
                    Randy Wilkin
                    1946 M5 Streetrod
                    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
                    X