What am I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I

This car was my fathers some 55+ years ago. I am not for sure of what year & model is so this is where I come in and ask for your help with ID ing it for me. This was his 2nd car like it only because the first one was wrapped around a telephone pole. well that puts the #'s down one & that makes all that survived worth more LOL LOL, some help here would be great, Thanks, Marvin aka mjgord51 here.
    under the picture its marked dads 53 stud, i am only guessing on that
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mjgord51; 09-01-2015, 04:17 PM.

Looks a lot like my '53 Champion Coupe.

Comment

It's an early '53 Champion coupe....A car that we'd ALL like to own today!

Your dad had good taste!

Comment

what am i

Ya I know he had good taste here is another car he owned right after the stud, Its a 53 cad & after 53 cad came a 57 cad. thanks for the compliments.

PS the black n white 53 cad was my dads, the yellow 53 cad was what its colors were also, this pics of this 57 cad is not his actual car but it did look just like it . His 57 cad at 10 yrs old then in 1967 it made its way into my hands at the age of 16 and yes I did cruse Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood, CA, and I am sticking to that story
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mjgord51; 09-01-2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          It's an early '53 Champion coupe....A car that we'd ALL like to own today!

Your dad had good taste!
          I have to disagree with you on the first part ("early").
          All 1953s from the Vernon (LA, CA) plant continued with the tri-star trim. Since the poster is in California and was in California, I think that it is safe to assume that his father's new car was assembled in California.
          More importantly, two-tone paint treatments were not offered on 1953 Starlights until late into the model year. This alone, would make this 1953 Champion Starlight a late 1953 model year car.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            I have to disagree with you on the first part ("early").
            All 1953s from the Vernon (LA, CA) plant continued with the tri-star trim. Since the poster is in California and was in California, I think that it is safe to assume that his father's new car was assembled in California.
            More importantly, two-tone paint treatments were not offered on 1953 Starlights until late into the model year. This alone, would make this 1953 Champion Starlight a late 1953 model year car.
            OK Gary,...that all makes good sense....Thanks!

Comment

Champion, why not a Commander?
              I can't see any V8-emblems, is that why?

Comment

Yes it's a champion. Look at the emblum on the rear it.s a circle with an s in it if it were a commander it would be the v8 emblum.

Comment

Are you guys all done with id'ing it as being a 1953 Stud Champion Starlight Coupe late model, going once, going twice wait for it-------, Thanks to all that rang in. the owners son (63)now, Marvin

Comment

Working...
                  X