'63 Avanti SS Brake Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 Avanti SS Brake Lines

Purchased a set of stainless steel replacement brake lines from Inline Tube. They don't fit. Not even close, and I'm not talking about the front disks that have the Turner Brake retrofit.

I made a visit to Inline last week with photos of the lines they sent and the Studebaker Parts and Chassis manual that shows the brake lines. Jake went back to the shop, came back after a while and told me I must have a "rogue" routing of the lines from the factory, that the set they made for me was "correct". Near as I can tell, the routing / junction blocks / flex hoses, etc. all agree with the chassis manual.

Here are my questions:

1. Has anyone bought replacement brake lines from Inline for their Studebaker Avanti, and did they fit?
    2. Has anyone experienced a "rogue" routing of the brake lines? Doesn't seem like there are many alternative routings to me.

Anyway, I just want to get these lines installed so I can finish the brake rebuild and drive it. Frustrated.

AFAIK, both Inline and Classic use existing brakes lines provided by customers for their patterns, at least for orphans like Stude. I don't know how they determine whether those lines are factory-correct or not. I bought a set from Inline for a fairly common 70 Camaro, and one of the lines they provided was WAY off. I sent them my old line and they provided me with a perfect match in SS. But for my Stude, I have made my own, as I could never tell whether the old ones were "correct" or not -- all I knew was that they fit okay.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Two or three years ago I ordered ss brake lines from Dan Booth, Nostalgic Motors, they fit perfectly.
      sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
      X