Rebuilt Control valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilt Control valves

And autozone that they have rebuilt control valves but for a Chevy Ford and everything else but no studebaker. Does anyone know if those are interchangeable?
    sigpic
    58 Golden Hawk
    DSamborski
    Pillager, MN

They are NOT interchangeable. The connections to the steering gear and to the center point steering Bellcrank are Studebaker specific.

Did a GM Car EVER have linkage type Power Steering, like the Bendix; Ford/AMC/Studebaker Type?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Actually Rich they did... I believe it was found on the 2nd generation Corvette. May not have been a Bendix system but had the separate ram setup.

To answer Don's question contact : http://www.heatervalves.net/
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks, but i don't need a heater valve.
        sigpic
        58 Golden Hawk
        DSamborski
        Pillager, MN

Comment

rebuild kits

Any rebuild kits available? Mine leaks like crazy.
          sigpic
          58 Golden Hawk
          DSamborski
          Pillager, MN

Comment

Contact [Lares corp. Cambridge,MN. 1-800-555-0767. They can set you up. Most of the rebuilt units for sale are coming from them and just being repackaged. You should be able to buy a kit from them or just send yours in and they will rebuild it for you.

Comment

Stanger's Site - Steering Box and Power Steering System Information

Comment

I used a valve that I got off a 1970 ford Maverick on my 1959 lark wagon.It works great.I bolted the valve part to the Stude drag link and removed the Ford ball stud in the valve and rebuilt it on the Stude Pittman arm ball. The later valve has a anti shimmy valve in it.The valve for an early Chevy or Ford should work providing you disassemble the valve and remove the ball and stud,then put the valve back together on the ball on the Stude Pittman arm.

Comment

Early '60's Chev had the separate hyd cyl like Stude also!- Jim

Comment

Hudsonbrother1 If thats the case then a mustang unit would work also and they are cheap for a offshore part[china] And they are new.

Comment

Can you just disconnect the hydraulic lines and pull off the hydraulic cylinder part leaving the part with the ball stud. Then insert the new cylinder over the push rod? If it can be done like that then it can be done without removing whole unit from the car? Am i correct?

Don
                      sigpic
                      58 Golden Hawk
                      DSamborski
                      Pillager, MN

Comment

To use the later valve I also had to use adapter fitting for the lines.The Ford valve takes bigger fittings.I'm using stock type Stude lines with these adapters,works fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X