Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Headlamp for 1959 Lark

Does anyone know the bulb for the 59 lark headlight

It's a 6014. It's a 7" diameter hi/low beam unit. Older number might be 6012.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

They were used in virtually every brand of American car from 1956 on into the 1980s. Any FLAPS either has them in stock or can get one in a day.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

When you talk to the part counter person, just don't ask for a Studebaker headlamp. They will insist that they do not have one. Ask for a headlamp for a 57 Chevrolet. Same bulb.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Still on the shelf at my local Walmart, though I refuse to give the Waltons any of my money.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I use the H6024 halogen bulbs in my Studebakers as they are a bunch brighter than the original 6012 or the newer 6014 tungsten filament bulbs. The H6024 bulbs draw a bit more current than the 6012 and just about the same as a 6014 so you shouldn't have a problem with wiring or switches. Bud

Comment

Working...
            X